Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone adding video to your display this year?

BrownOut

I have seen a few projectors and video screens used in previous years. Who is adding video this year?

I built a 8'x6' screen that takes just minutes to put up or take down. I also bought 14" by 50' of garland to wrap the frame with. I would have liked to make a huge wreath, but time and money is not going to allow it this year. I mounted a 4000 lumen Epson projector in my window, built an insert for the top of the window that has a fan and anti-glare glass in it.

Even with a very bright flood light above it and a porch light right next to it, the video is much brighter- I have the settings at 2500 lumens for this test video.

&hl=en&fs=1
-Logan

Looks good!!!

I have been wanting to add video...but it is not at the top of the list...yet...

Which model Epson are you using?

The projector is an Epson VS400. I tried running the video through the USB connection, but there was a delay in the image. Ended up running a VGA cable to the bedroom closet. The front fan runs at a very low RPM and puts out a ton of heat. I melted part of the window track and broke the seal on my once argon filled window. I now have a air deflector and fan added to help move air away from the glass. Another thing is I built a window insert with low glare museum glass.

Guest Don Gillespie

That looks really good I have always wanted to run video but with the added expense of controllers and lights this year it might have to wait a year or two