Light-O-Rama Forums

light

Kevin Doucet

I need to buy some christmas light to add to my mini tree and to my leaping arches that i'm building, will need alot, where are you guys geyting yours, need to buy them soon as i can't wait for october to start building my decoration, there probably already a post about that so if someone can diret to it that would be great to. And must be a place where they have sales on them.

2.. Akso what kind of light are you using for mini tree and arches, c6 or mini's

Most of us buy our lights during the Pre-Order sales (which have already happened for this year)

are you wanting incandescent or LED's?

I have seen people use either mini or c6's for Mini Tree's...I use Mini's

Usually mini's for the arches

Here's a partial list of vendors for lights:

http://www.christmasexpo.com/Vendors.htm

Or, there are a couple individuals selling lights...I have gotten one shipment, very satisfied, the other one should be here tomorrow.

Can't beat their prices...

I am using standard mini incans for mini-trees...

jimswinder wrote:

Most of us buy our lights during the Pre-Order sales (which have already happened for this year)

are you wanting incandescent or LED's?

I have seen people use either mini or c6's for Mini Tree's...I use Mini's

Usually mini's for the arches

Here's a partial list of vendors for lights:

http://www.christmasexpo.com/Vendors.htm

I want led's, all light in my display are led's, , and thanks i'll check those vendors

Kevin Doucet wrote:

do you guys use one piece or 2 piece mini light ?
I myself have never heard those terms for mini lights...

jimswinder wrote:

Kevin Doucet wrote:

I suspect this refers to sealed bulb sockets with non-replaceable bulbs (which keeps the bulb from falling out/coming loose), versus more common sockets where you can remove the bulb.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Kevin Doucet wrote:

I suspect this refers to sealed bulb sockets with non-replaceable bulbs (which keeps the bulb from falling out/coming loose), versus more common sockets where you can remove the bulb.

yup, that's what i meant,

Kevin Doucet wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Kevin Doucet wrote:

yup, that's what i meant,

in that case...the one piece...

But in George's case...definitely topless...

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

in that case...the one piece...

But in George's case...definitely topless...

Not even going there LOL :)

Kevin there is so much info on this forum you will find your answers to almost anything, to bad your doing a display in Ottawa the politicians seem to have all the bright lights there already LOL :P

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin Doucet wrote:

anybody ever bought from them, http://www.christmasdesigners.com

they have a sale and for exemple c6 count of 1OO for 11,25$

If I read it correctly, the ones on sale are the replaceable bulbs, with a life span of only 25,000 hours...while the "GOLD" sets have a bulb life of 75,000 hours...

do they even sell the bulbs separately?

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Kevin Doucet wrote:

If I read it correctly, the ones on sale are the replaceable bulbs, with a life span of only 25,000 hours...while the "GOLD" sets have a bulb life of 75,000 hours...

I also noticed that the spacing is 6 inches not my preference I prefer the 4 inch spacing gives the lights a better look

Don Gillespie wrote:
I also noticed that the spacing is 6 inches not my preference I prefer the 4 inch spacing gives the lights a better look

I'll move that bar even lower and vote for 3.25" - 3.5" spacing, as most modern mini incandescents are. That's an excellent spacing for wrapping 3/4" pvc for arches and poles without experiencing the dreaded bulb-alignment issues.

George Simmons wrote: I'll move that bar even lower and vote for 3.25" - 3.5" spacing, as most modern mini incandescents are. That's an excellent spacing for wrapping 3/4" pvc for arches and poles without experiencing the dreaded bulb-alignment issues.

God, don't remind me. I still need to wrap my arches (4 new ones this year). I had planned on 1/2-inch, but I keep "hearing" experienced voices saying "3/4, 3/4, 3/4". This'll probably be the one time (OK, there was that one other, but we're not gonna talk about it!) when I'll listen to the voices . . .

Don Gillespie wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Kevin Doucet wrote:

I went back on the website to check and i see a spacing of 4 inches.

Kevin Doucet wrote:

I went back on the website to check and i see a spacing of 4 inches.

the "retail" and Gold Series lights are 4" spacing...

the Platinum Series lights are 6"...