Light-O-Rama Forums

First Controller

eschlomach

I just got my first controller put together. Plugged everything in and checked everything out with the hardware utility. Everything seems to be working fine but now i cant figure out to play a sequence. Im sure someone on here does. LOL.

Don't forget to go to the "Play" option at the top of the sequence editor and make sure there is a check mark next to "contol lights"-about 1/2 way down the pop up menue.

Good luck and enjoy the blinking!!!!!

Steve

Doesn't one have to "enable schedule" on the right-click menu on the red LOR lightbulb icon down in the Windows notification area/taskbar down by the clock in order to enable LOR to control lights (thus turning the bulb blue instead)? I use a mini-director so controlling from the PC isn't my expertise though.

Thanks. thats exactly what i was looking for. i got them to play with the show on demand. but them lighting in the sequence editor is even better.

Another question. the computer i do all my sequencing on is not the computer Im gonna be running my show with. Am i gonna run into any problems with that? Seems like i read something about it on here. I do all the sequencing at my house on my computer but the show is gonna be at my Dads. Hopefully on his computer.

steve synek wrote:

Don't forget to go to the "Play" option at the top of the sequence editor and make sure there is a check mark next to "contol lights"-about 1/2 way down the pop up menue.

Good luck and enjoy the blinking!!!!!

Steve

I never had that checked and lights always worked for me

eschlomach wrote:

Another question. the computer i do all my sequencing on is not the computer Im gonna be running my show with. Am i gonna run into any problems with that? Seems like i read something about it on here. I do all the sequencing at my house on my computer but the show is gonna be at my Dads. Hopefully on his computer.

As long as you have licensed copies of the software on both computers you shouldn't have any problems.

MikeH

MikeH wrote:

eschlomach wrote:

As long as you have licensed copies of the software on both computers you shouldn't have any problems.

MikeH
that and make sure the folder list is the same and you copy them to the same place. had some issues there on a sequence someone sent me but changing the location is easy.

eschlomach wrote:

Copy ALL of the LOR folders and put them same location on both computers.

Make sure you test your dad's system before going live.

I sequence on my laptop and play the show on a desktop in another room.

Shut down Windows updates (even better to disconnect the show PC from the Internet) while the show is running.