Light-O-Rama Forums

How to move a channel to a different controller?

Steven

This year, my layout will work better if I move a display element, currently connected to 3 channels on controller #2, to 3 different channels on controller #3. (The element is closer to controller #3, which is going to have 3 extra channels, and I plan to add some stuff to controller #2.

I have a dozen sequences that use that display element. What's the best way to move it?

I suspect the answer is to edit the channels in my master track (1) to give them the new controller/channel numbers, then export the configuration and import it into the other sequences. The disadvantage is that the channels in the master track will no longer be group by controller, but perhaps that's not such a big deal.

Another way is to leave the channel order the way it is, but change the names of the channels, then copy and paste that element to the new channels. That seems like it will be much more work as I would have to do that for each sequence.

Opinions?

Just click on the channel you want to change and change the channel assignment then export your new configuration.
Then go into your other sequences and import the new configuration.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

Just click on the channel you want to change and change the channel assignment then export your new configuration.

This seems to be the best method.

One small issue is that when I change an element that used to use 9 channels (3-colors, left, middle, right) to 8 channels (4-colors, left, right), it leaves an 'Unused' channel in the 'Master' track. I just assigned that channel to no controller.

None of this was an issue when I had less sequences. :)