Light-O-Rama Forums

just saw this cool tree

james campbell

Very cool idea.

Technology's caught up with him though, as it seems like you could do this after the summer sale with 8 CCB controllers (two strands each) and a copy of LOR S3 with the SuperStar Sequence Editor embedded within it.

after watching vids since january,I still get amazed at what can be done with christmas lights

the problem with investing heavily in any one technology is that it is quickly outdated. also wonder if he gets copyright problems with using the Peanuts characters.

caniac wrote:

the problem with investing heavily in any one technology is that it is quickly outdated. also wonder if he gets copyright problems with using the Peanuts characters.

I wondered about that, then I would think about what about the folks that use and create wooden cutout characters from the Peanuts gang?

Would they be under the same infrigement of copyright by making their own customized Peanuts characters for their own display usage?

Perhaps because he is using more of an "animated" character as opposed to a static wooden one created by a "hobbyist" for their own display, then he may be violating the Peanuts copyrights, but only because they can be animated just like a regular cartoon character.

Maybe one of our lawyer friends here can define that better than any of us, myself included, "amatures"(sp?) here on the forums.