Light-O-Rama Forums

getting wave form error

Bruce Womack

Getting Message," cannot set view wave form property"

Automation error, the object invoked has disconnected from it's clients.

Okay, does any one know what this is and how do I fix it....

all I do is open sequence editor and click on the view wave button and that is what happens. then the whole program shuts down.....Help....

Attached files 247031=13443-2011-06-02_15-44-56_21.jpg

Guest Don Gillespie

Bruce Womack wrote:

Getting Message," cannot set view wave form property"

Automation error, the object invoked has disconnected from it's clients.

Okay, does any one know what this is and how do I fix it....

all I do is open sequence editor and click on the view wave button and that is what happens. then the whole program shuts down.....Help....

I have never come across however someone will have an answer for you, is this a sequence you did yourself or did you receive this from somewhere else? it might help knowing a little more info. :D

THis is a sequence I did myself, it does it on all my songs. I have about 17 done and it shows up on all of them then closes the system down completly. I installed the 2.9.4 v and that is when it started.

Guest Don Gillespie

Bruce Womack wrote:

THis is a sequence I did myself, it does it on all my songs. I have about 17 done and it shows up on all of them then closes the system down completly. I installed the 2.9.4 v and that is when it started.

It might be a bad downlaod of the 2.9.4 have you tried to redownlaod the 2.9.4 and then the other question is did this happen to you when you had the earlier version of Lor? if you didn't have trouble with the earlier version go back to that version

Guest Don Gillespie

Bruce Womack wrote:

I have done a redown load 3 times and no luck.....

Bruce does it work when you are using the earlier version of LOR ? if it works then go ahead and use that version I try not to change versions once I have my songs sequenced for the year I stay with that version if you are still having issues try emailing the tech support at LOR they are great and will be able to help you out, also the real smart guys on the computer might even know once they check this thread out good luck :D

Thanks, I will try that. What do I do, delete this one and then download?

I have seen that message a few dozen times !!!! When i try to repeat a portion of a CCR sequenece more than a screenful at a time without saving..Up it pops. I think it has something to do with too much data at a time...Yet could be wrong..Now I save every screen full and have not seen it in a long while.

Its a problem with the audio file. In the past Bob suggested you import the audio in Audacity.. (which you should be doing anyway) and export it again. Then use the new file in your sequence.

I have done this all along. I went back and tried a new one from audicity and it still does the same thing. I am lost on this one. Christmas will be here before I know it and I wont b ready.......

I will b glad to if you tell me step by step on how to do it. I ain't the pc knowledgeable.

Bruce sent me the lms and mp3. Never saw the message however the sequence stopped playing at around 1:25
The mp3 did play ok in audacity however which puzzles me.

But it doesnt really matter since it was the wrong audio.
The sequence was downloaded from a share site and had the wrong audio named in it. Not one beat matched. I was able to dig up the correct audio and got it all to align for Bruce and sent it back so he can modify it for his display.

This could indicate that some component that LOR needs is missing, or misinstalled. It could be an LOR component, but it could be an underlying Windows component, or a third party component.

The first thing I would suggest would be to stop all of your running programs, including LOR programs, and running Windows Update.

Note that Windows Update doesn't necessarily list all available updates - it only lists those that you can currently install. So, after you install everything it lists, I suggest immediately going back into Windows Update again. Sometimes it will list new things which were unavailable to you until you installed some of the others. Personally, I keep doing this over and over, until it finally says that no updates are available.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Bruce sent me the lms and mp3. Never saw the message however the sequence stopped playing at around 1:25
The mp3 did play ok in audacity however which puzzles me.

But it doesnt really matter since it was the wrong audio.
The sequence was downloaded from a share site and had the wrong audio named in it. Not one beat matched. I was able to dig up the correct audio and got it all to align for Bruce and sent it back so he can modify it for his display.

Please excuse my mistake. I went back to look at the original email from Bruce and found I was mixed up which sequence was sent to me. This time I found a working custom sequence with a good audio file. I could not cause any error to pop up.

The file I mistakenly reviewed had a audio file 2 minutes longer than the sequence and was filesaveversion 5.

Mr. Bob, I did exactly like you said with windows update and it changed nothing. What do I do now?

The next thing I would try is using a third party uninstaller, rebooting, and then reinstalling. Note that when you reinstall, you only have to run the installer for the version that you actually want - you don't have to run any earlier versions first. In particular, you don't have to run an LOR 1 installer. So, for example, if you want the latest (version 2.9.4), just run the installer for 2.9.4, no others.

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum72/26659.html

Bruce, Check out this post I had going yesterday. Similar problem...

In Audacity you have to export and force a lower rate. I would be willing to bet a sequence that this is all Audio file related....

Try this prior to all this unloading.......reloading...

Well I did that with audicity and still same oh, same oh. I went and deleted all of LOR and reinstalled and guess what, NO change...... so sad.......:P:(:(:( Don't know what is left except cancel my show for this year...