Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence editor question

Guest guest

Good morning all,

I have decide that I am so far behind with the sequences for my show that I will not be going to work today (I am declaring a total lack of interest and a case of the Rodesian skull fever). Anyway, now I can concentrate for the entire day on sequence programming and I have come across a question. If I change a setting for a particular channel, i.e. I have named the channel, but I identify it as a light o rama controller and change the "unit" and "channel" setting in that selection, will it send the command to a second, third, or fourth controller; even though the channels are all in a row on the screen? I am assuming that it might and it would make programming a bit easier, but I do not have the time to screw it up now.......Any help would be most appreciated.

drn1377 wrote:

Good morning all,

I have decide that I am so far behind with the sequences for my show that I will not be going to work today (I am declaring a total lack of interest and a case of the Rodesian skull fever). Anyway, now I can concentrate for the entire day on sequence programming and I have come across a question. If I change a setting for a particular channel, i.e. I have named the channel, but I identify it as a light o rama controller and change the "unit" and "channel" setting in that selection, will it send the command to a second, third, or fourth controller; even though the channels are all in a row on the screen? I am assuming that it might and it would make programming a bit easier, but I do not have the time to screw it up now.......Any help would be most appreciated.

I don't quite understand the question ...

I'm sorry, I was afraid of that, I poppe dup with the question and wrote it here pre coffee. Let's say that I have two controllers programmed into a sequence and pulled up ont he sequence editor. It lists the channels down the left side of the screen and calls them 1 through 32. Now I can rename them to snowman, tree, etc.; but in the same sealection screen it has a "change channel settings tab that also allows a name change, but it allows you to set the particular channel to a light o rama controller or something else and allows the change of unit id and channel (I think). If I change the unit ID or channel there would it send the command to a different controller instead of the default that pops up on the screen? I hope this one is as clear as mud, I'm still only half awake and have tons to get done today. I think if you could go back and ammend the channels and move things around, it would make programming so much easier.

Doug

Let me see if I can shed some light on things...

LOR doesn't care *what* you name the channels, it's only there for you to keep track of what's going on. If you then decide that your snowman won't work on Controller 1 / Channel 12 (1x12) then you could simply edit the properties to 2x5.

You can rename the channel as many times as needed, and re-assign it as many times as needed.

Thanks Don,

That really is what I was trying to ask in some sort of way, so if I reset those properties to 7x2, 2x3, etc., I could leave the "snowman" name on that channel, but send the command to a different controller allowing me to move the snowman to a different place and controller in the yard without reprogramming, correct?

Doug

I'm not Don, but yes that is correct.

I have a snowman on Unit 1 Channel 6 right now for testing, but once I am setup it will Unit 4 channel 12. Instead of copy/pasting the snowman sequences down to Unit 4 I just modify the settings to change the unit info from Unit 1 to Unit 4.