Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting an error

Calloween

I'm am trying to copy parts of this sequence for an rbg light. I make my sequences on a laptop then I run them on an old desktop. I recently copied all of the sequences of my desktop so I could edit them. I keep getting this and I don't know how to fix it.

calloween-albums-odds-ends-picture68443-lorerror.bmp

Calloween wrote:

It is liscensed I have v2.9.4 Advanced.

That's odd, then it should load and work. I use an older system and a newer one, I can transfer my sequences between the two systems and both load the sequence file just fine.

I also have 2.9.4 Advanced on both computers.

Are you sure the license is active on the 2nd system? Because it sure does sound like you're trying to load a sequence into an unlicensed version of the software to get that particular error.

Calloween wrote:

I am certain I have it liscensed with the same version on both computers.

Well, if that is true, then you may have to re-install the LOR software on the second computer. Because it appears that the second system does not think the software is licensed.

I installed the DEMO software on my wifes laptop, sure enough when I tried to import(load) a sequence I get that same error.

So I'm thinking there is something that has caused the registry to lose the "license" information on that particular computer.

So I'd try uninstalling, then re-installing the LOR software again, and I can almost bet that will fix your problem.

I had this happen on two of my computers, one an older desktop, the other an ancient laptop too, I thought the software had installed correctly, said it was licensed, but I would get that same error you posted the screen shot of. That old laptop is now out of commission until I can find a Hard Drive for it.

What I had to do was uninstall and then re-install the software and that fixed the issue.

That's why we think your software, although it may show that it IS licensed, Windows thinks it's not, and therefore, will generate that error.

So try re-installing the software first, and then let us know if you're still having that problem.

This is the only solution I can think of that could fix that particular error.

I'm almost certain Windows on that computer believes the software is unlicensed, even if the software may show otherwise.

I reinstalled it on my laptop twice. I couldn't get it to work. I'm going to try to get it to work on my old desktop if it will boot. I get the blue screen almost everytime I turn it on. That's why I am trying to get everything running on my laptop before I lose all of my sequences.

Calloween wrote:

I reinstalled it on my laptop twice. I couldn't get it to work. I'm going to try to get it to work on my old desktop if it will boot. I get the blue screen almost everytime I turn it on. That's why I am trying to get everything running on my laptop before I lose all of my sequences.

Sent you a PM, if you can send a few sequences to me I'll take a look at them and see if I can find out what's happening when you're transferring them. Send me the ones that you have transferred that creates the error.

I'll see what I can find out and let you know how to correct, if possible. But without a problem sequence, can't really diagnose where or what the issue might actually be.

My e-mail is in the PM. Will do what I can to help.

Guest Don Gillespie

Jeff Millard wrote:

At one point, and maybe still... I don't recall, sequences created with the demo version of the software were encrypted. If you then licensed the demo on "that specific computer" those sequences could then be opened and saved in a non-encrypted file. The softwaare package will not allow you to copy lighting effects from an encrypted file for obvious reasons. I'm wondering from reading this thread if that is the case here. Did you create these sequences with a demo, on another machine than you are using now? If so, move them back to the orignal machine they were created on... license that machine and you will be able to open and save them in a non-encrypted format.

If that's not the case, you need to contact LOR-Bob as he will surely be able to correct any problems you are having.

Jeff

Good call Jeff I would bet that is the problem

• 2 weeks later...