Light-O-Rama Forums

Encrypted Version of .LMS This file was created using the Limited Version...

dmoore

I am attempting to use downloaded sequences in an XML format but the .LMS file I have has the following statement:

* This file was created using the Limited Version of the *
* Light-O-Rama S2 Software Suite. *

Additionally, when opening the sequence in the most current version of S2, I get the warning:

"This sequence was saved using a later version of the Light-O-Rama software. It may contain features that this version will ignore.
If you save this sequence using this version of Light-O-Rama, any such features will not be included in the newly saved file."

How can I get this file to a format of XML?

Thank you

Attached files 246830=13430-LOR Warning.jpg

Two separate things here:

(1) The "saved using a later version of the Light-O-Rama software" message indicates that the sequence may not work with your version of LOR, because it was created using (say) version 2.9 while you are using (say) version 2.8, and version 2.8 doesn't necessarily understand save files that were created using version 2.9.

I would suggest updating to the latest version (2.9.4), which you can get from here:

http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html

(2) The fact that it's not XML is due to the person who created the sequence having used an unlicensed version of the software.

It will work fine on your computer (ignoring the issue that I mentioned in #1), except for one thing: You won't be able to copy and paste from it. Other than that, you can modify it, you can play it, you can use it in a show, et cetera; it doesn't have to be XML to do any of those things.

If you need it to be XML (so that you could modify it manually in a text editor, for example), it can be converted to XML by registering a license on the computer it was created on, and then resaving it on that computer.

So "limited version" maps over to "Demo" - not basic, basic plus or standard?

Thanks

dmoore wrote:

So "limited version" maps over to "Demo" - not basic, basic plus or standard?

Thanks

That's right. It used to be Demo and Basic, but now it's just Demo. All licensed versions of the software now use XML, no matter what the license level.

So let me see if I am understanding this as I think, the current LOR software, licensed, although the extension is .LMS is actually an XML file in disguise?

Or does the software give an option somewhere to save it in the XML form, instead of LMS?

Orville wrote:

So let me see if I am understanding this as I think, the current LOR software, licensed, although the extension is .LMS is actually an XML file in disguise?

Or does the software give an option somewhere to save it in the XML form, instead of LMS?

First, for safety, make a backup copy of a sequence.

Then, open it in a text editor. You'll probably answer your own question.

Don wrote:

Orville wrote:

First, for safety, make a backup copy of a sequence.

Then, open it in a text editor. You'll probably answer your own question.

Yes, I just did answer my own question Don. LOL

I thought about that after I had posted that question, so I had done just what you said, yep, now I know.

Sometimes the obvious just whizzes right by us at times. *DOH!* ROFL