Light-O-Rama Forums

Epilepsy Warning?

Guest guest

I do not personally have a sign like that. Because it is only 1 in 4000 and usually only with large numbers of strobes with high firing rates (5+/sec) and over long periods of time, I figure that it will not happen. If you are afraid of being sued, there is no reason not to include that on your sign.

robogeek wrote:

Does anyone on their "tune in" signs, websites or anywhere else ever put epilepsy warnings anywhere. I would hate to get sued by some idiot.

I've had very big crowds and even my grandmother with epilepsy come see my lights. No issue. Of course epilepsy issue is with people that "dont know" they are epileptic. Most people with the condition are probably on medication that makes them not susceptable to a light triggered siezure.

People with intollerance to gluten or wheat products might also be susceptable to siezure.

All in all, I've run total scene flashing lights in mass on my house for 12 years and not an issue. It also seems now that Disney plans to run 9 million lights in music synchronization at Disney Studios at Disney World, you would think it has been well considered there as Disney is a deep pocketted magnent for law suits.

Even though it is pretty rare that something would even happen, I would never put up an epilepsy warning. The problem is once you do, you are admitting that it could be a problem to people and it would be easier for people to sue you. Also I am sure they would see your flashing lights before they even read the sign so it would be to late.

It is the same as having a "Beware of Dog" sign. You are admitting that your dog is aggressive and know that it will bite. So if your dog does do something even if the person goes on your property, it will be easier to sue you because you knew you had a "Dangerous" dog.

I know it sounds crazy, but these are the times we live in.