Light-O-Rama Forums

Auto Backup tool for Sequence changes

ItsMeBobO

First release of the Sequence Backup tool. This one watches your LOR sequence folder and makes a copy each time you save. This way you can go back to check earlier versions.
There are settings for you customize how many versions you want to keep and for how long. Of course it backs up even if you dont change a file. Any LOR extension in the LOR sequence folder is backed up. The program stays minimized but works in the background while you sequence.

The date in brackets is added to the sequence file name and save on another drive of your choice.

Example. Josh G Ill be home[20101212^090836].lms

You can pick it up here http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

LORBU.jpg

Thanks Bob!!!!

Any chance of you writing the program for S4 in your spare time???? :)

Mountainwxman wrote:

Bob, Dan should have you working for him.

These fine little features are making the LOR program worth it.

No offense Bob...but I think the LOR program is worth it without your FANTASTIC features... lol

But you certainly are making a great product even GREATER!!!

ItsMeBobO wrote:

First release of the Sequence Backup tool. This one watches your LOR sequence folder and makes a copy each time you save. This way you can go back to check earlier versions.
There are settings for you customize how many versions you want to keep and for how long. Of course it backs up even if you dont change a file. Any LOR extension in the LOR sequence folder is backed up. The program stays minimized but works in the background while you sequence.

The date in brackets is added to the sequence file name and save on another drive of your choice.

Example. Josh G Ill be home[20101212^090836].lms

You can pick it up here http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

LORBU.jpg
does this work on XP as well as W7?

CKSedg wrote:

Bob, you're awesome!

By sentiments exactly!
Thanks Bob for using your time and talents to help non programmers like me!

Thanks Bob, I've got you app pointed at my DropBox folder for an off-site backup too.

If anyone want's to give it a try if you use this link http://db.tt/mli9Ukq both of will get an extra 250MB of free storage.

Mountainwxman wrote:

khawes wrote:
Thanks Bob, I've got you app pointed at my DropBox folder for an off-site backup too.

If anyone want's to give it a try if you use this link http://db.tt/UcNSMPm both of will get an extra 250MB of free storage.

You posted the wrong link.

It's this one: http://db.tt/mli9Ukq

Huh?

• 5 weeks later...

Are there any comments on this backup software? It has been out for a month. Current release will expire in a few days.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Are there any comments on this backup software? It has been out for a month. Current release will expire in a few days.

Been using it for a while. When saving a large sequence SBU throws up a file in use dialog that I have to dismiss. SBU is over eager to save the backup :)

Love it though.

Are the sequences XML files? If so is the backup tool just storing the diffs between files or is it keeping full copies?

jstorms wrote:

Are the sequences XML files? If so is the backup tool just storing the diffs between files or is it keeping full copies?

This tool is full copy. It allows immediate 'go back' if you need it and is openable in SE. Along with second drive backup storage. Products which do the 'diff' usually have hand typed changes. SE can make many irrelevant changes we dont care about and would not mean anything when we looked at them. But if you are worried about storage and you have a repository 'diff' product you are using... I can send the batch command to it so it can store what it needs for a diff.

khawes wrote:

Been using it for a while. When saving a large sequence SBU throws up a file in use dialog that I have to dismiss. SBU is over eager to save the backup :P

Love it though.

How big are these in k bytes? I will release a version tonight which will accommodate long write time.

I love it!! I cant figure out how to change the save to: settings tho.. I'd like to be able to point it at my thumb drive or a diff. HD..

New version which will last until the end of July is available. This one will give the slow drive/large file time to write. Also has a hover over tool tip to click for setting the backup folder.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

khawes wrote:
Been using it for a while. When saving a large sequence SBU throws up a file in use dialog that I have to dismiss. SBU is over eager to save the backup :P

Love it though.

How big are these in k bytes? I will release a version tonight which will accommodate long write time.

Not too big:
2,554,816 bytes

If you want a copy to play wit let me know.