Light-O-Rama Forums

Help setting up Visualizer for the first time

Denise Brunner

I have been using Holiday Light Designer, and we all know the problems associated with it. I like how it works but its too slow, program errors and difficult to work with amongst others. With that said How do I:

1) Make the largest picture possible with the smallest matrix so that I can make a four color string all through my display... roof edges, bushes, trees etc. ??

2) Save the visualizer to use in all my sequences ??

3) Is there a way to build my matrix image outside a sequence??

Any other tips and help is appreciated!!

Denise Brunner

Create a new sequence, go to VIEW > ANIMATION and you'll be asked if you want to insert a picture. When you do, you'll see a screen with a grid and a plus/minus button on the left. Push + until you can't anymore. That will give you the smallest matrix. After completing the drawing, go to EDIT > IMPORT/EXPORT CONFIGURATION and give it a name and save it. Next time you create a sequence import this config file. Note - if the software complains about the size of the pic you're importing ignore it. In most cases you'll be just fine. Happy sequencing.

Thanks George,

Does the size of the picture have anything to do with the size of the matrix. I beleive I am finding that the size of the picture file has an inverse relationship to the size of the matrix square. Could this be true

Denise

I can not get this to work. When I try to import the picture, yes it says that it is too large, I click us anyway. I then keep hitting the plus sign and in fact the matrix becomes too small. My problem is that my display can not show the whole image so I can not get to the "OK" button. If the hit the red X the matrix I get with the picture under it is way to big..... HELP. I have been working on it for the last 3 hours and have gotten NO WHERE !!!

After hours of trying, as you suggested Ron, I imported into Paint. Had to go to a smaller resolution but got it to work. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Why does this have to be so painful

Denise Brunner wrote:

Why does this have to be so painful?

It doesn't. It just is. Hopefully that will change soon!:P

I have been patient waiting for the new visualizer and we were promised for updates but none come. I need to get going on my display before its too late and I don't have the time to put one together. I have already crossed off the CCR's off my list since I can't purchase the software (which I did the day LOR bought it from Brian, money exchanged hands, but was refunded ). So without the software I will not program it pixel by pixel. I just can't wait any longer. But thanks Jeff, hopefully I will see you at the NJ Mini. Denise