Light-O-Rama Forums

Summer sale

shfr26

Did a search and can not find any attachments that will open. Does anybody have a list of last years summer sale prices?? I know they will probably not be the same this year, but it will give me a general idea of how many more side jobs I have to pick up before then.

Thanks

I sent two requests to LOR asking for that same thing...just a few weeks ago.

No response.

And of course, what I want to buy this year is a bit different from last year, so last year's receipts are only semi-helpful.

WOW Lights has a sale going on now, but I think they are off on prices, too high. Will wait and see if somebody chimes in on last years sale.

LOR's summer sale will be the lowest price you'll find until maybe next March. You won't be disappointed. Pick up as many side jobs as you can - last year they had CCRs for 199 and CTB16PC assembled boards for $122, I believe. Can't help you on other prices b'cause I didn't buy anything else except for a few 8-channel boards and I don't remember what they were.

Guest wbottomley

Here's my speculation of when the sale will be held.

After the Christmas Expo in Gatlinburg, it will start on July 4th and run for two weeks after that date.

All of their new items demo'ed at the expo will be available then.

Pure speculation but pretty darn accurate.

Thanks for the info guys. WOW has the PC kit for $199.99, LOR regular price is $205.95, not much of a savings!! Sale maybe in July?? Great!! I can pick up a few more side jobs by then!! Want 2 more PC controllers and maybe a CCR.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Pure speculation ...

...based on years and years of experience...:cool:

Jeff

Years of experience with LOR or being arrested in Hazzard and released on his good name??:P:D

George Simmons wrote:

LOR's summer sale will be the lowest price you'll find until maybe next March. You won't be disappointed. Pick up as many side jobs as you can - last year they had CCRs for 199 and CTB16PC assembled boards for $122, I believe. Can't help you on other prices b'cause I didn't buy anything else except for a few 8-channel boards and I don't remember what they were.

The time and terms of the sale is understood..the question is..does anyone have a pricelist from last year...

I'm wanting it to possibly save some time, and order now, rather than later, depending on the savings.

DonFL wrote:

George Simmons wrote:

The time and terms of the sale is understood..the question is..does anyone have a pricelist from last year...

I'm wanting it to possibly save some time, and order now, rather than later, depending on the savings.

2009's, but don't have 2010's. From what I remember, the prices were nearly the same.

http://www.lightorama.com/July2009Sale.html

Thanks. They removed the 2010 page, the 2009 page still lives...:shock:

Prices I have from last year:

CMB-16D (screw terminals): 95.95

CTB-16D kit with HPHS: 139.95

Generic starter kit with advanced software license: 140.85

Other than an additional DC board, none of those items will be on my shopping list this year...

Guest wbottomley

Jeff Millard wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Pure speculation ...

...based on years and years of experience...:cool:

Jeff

LOL. It's what CSC taught me. :P

shfr26 wrote:

Thanks for the info guys. WOW has the PC kit for $199.99, LOR regular price is $205.95, not much of a savings!! Sale maybe in July?? Great!! I can pick up a few more side jobs by then!! Want 2 more PC controllers and maybe a CCR.

Why would you pay WOW prices when you can pay less buying direct from LOR and you are cutting out the middleman? Be patient, Dan won't let us down, the sale will soon arrive.

kzaas wrote:

shfr26 wrote:

Why would you pay WOW prices when you can pay less buying direct from LOR and you are cutting out the middleman? Be patient, Dan won't let us down, the sale will soon arrive.

I must correct what I said and apologize to WOW Lights. I spoke without doing any research, I assumed they were out to make a profit. Their original prices are not any higher than LOR and right now as others have pointed out WOW is having a sale, I don't know how that will compare with LOR's sale. So if you want your items right now get them from WOW.

I do have a couple of questions though, how is the support from WOW? Does it compare with LOR? If we buy from WOW can we get support directly from LOR?

kzaas wrote:

I do have a couple of questions though, how is the support from WOW? Does it compare with LOR? If we buy from WOW can we get support directly from LOR?

I can't speak to the support offered from WOW. (I've never purchased from them.) However, I don't recall hearing anything bad about their service.

Also, if you buy from a LOR Partner, that Partner is expected to support the sale. You would, of course, be able to use the forums. However, other inquiries (doesn't work, need to return, part replaced, etc) would go through the Partner your purchased the hardware from.