Light-O-Rama Forums

Rainbow Flood Comparison

CLD Kevin

Because my house is medium brown stucco with old look red brick, and I believe much harder to wash than say a home with siding….I did a single and double Rainbow Flood comparison with this years new and more brighter model. I like the double of course as its much brighter and gives it a better wash. The double flood is probably only needed with darker color houses like mine. The light colored trim really pops…too bad my house wasn’t a lighter color from Oct to Dec. If I use 5 doubles across the front of my home….I think it will wash really good given the color of the house.

Attached files Rainbow Flood.pdf

The double looks better to me also.

Just a tought about the ALL ON (White).

Could you pulse it quick enough to cause a strobe effect for Halloween?

Cracker wrote:

Because my house is medium brown stucco with old look red brick, and I believe much harder to wash than say a home with siding….I did a single and double Rainbow Flood comparison with this years new and more brighter model. I like the double of course as its much brighter and gives it a better wash. The double flood is probably only needed with darker color houses like mine. The light colored trim really pops…too bad my house wasn’t a lighter color from Oct to Dec. If I use 5 doubles across the front of my home….I think it will wash really good given the color of the house.

Last year I was planning 3-4 doubles, this year going with six singles.

I've got a lighter colored house, some dark brick, but for the most part, a light tan exterior.

Everything I'm seeing, this years RF is a solid improvement over last year.

If I get some time, i may fire two up and compare with one...but just what I have tested with one, thinking its unlikely i'll need to double them up.

jldavis1969 wrote:

Could you pulse it quick enough to cause a strobe effect for Halloween?

Just use shimmer. It's very effective.

I used the shimmer effect with my floods (older version) last year for halloween. Unfortunately I never took any video of it. The effect was excellent but was extremely hard to look at...at least for me. I actually thought it was so difficult to look at that I ended up cutting down on how often it was used in the show.

Cracker, that was a great comparison! My house is a light tan color so it is very difficult for me to explain to people what the lights look like on darker colored houses. Is there a chance I can use this to show people? Also, if you could email me (greg at seasonalentertainmentllc.com) I would like have those photos to put on the site...if you don't mind.

Greg

Ponddude wrote:

Cracker, that was a great comparison! My house is a light tan color so it is very difficult for me to explain to people what the lights look like on darker colored houses. Is there a chance I can use this to show people? Also, if you could email me (greg at seasonalentertainmentllc.com) I would like have those photos to put on the site...if you don't mind.

Greg

Absolutely!

The Single All On (White) came out blurry and the Single Purple for some reason didn’t save. If you don’t care….then I’ll leave them as is and email to you. Or I can redo these tonight and add Orange. Whichever you want.

I have them in pdf and jpeg format.