Light-O-Rama Forums

CDI Website

jimswinder

Is anyone else not able to get to Pauls Website?

I am getting a a message that his domain name has expired:spc_trans.gif

Notice: This domain name expired on 05/15/11 and is pending renewal or deletion

I also tried sending him an email...but it was returned...

paul sessel wrote:

My web host let the domain expire :( Should have it updated in the next couple of hours. If it ain't one thing it's six others!!!

Only 6 others???

You are lucky!!!! :)

caniac wrote:

am i reading his prices right? $216 for one strand 100ct LED's?

what page are you seeing that?

EDIT:

Paul only sells them by the case..so more than likely that is for 12 strings...

caniac wrote:

hadn't purchased from him because it looks like it is by the eaches!

if you click on "View", in the description it says it is 12 strands...

I got all my Pro Grade LED's from Paul @ CDI. This is not the cheapie lights from the big box stores !!
Compare for your self these lights are full wave dimmable without "snubbers" and very bright!!!

Ron Amedee wrote:

I got all my Pro Grade LED's from Paul @ CDI. This is not the cheapie lights from the big box stores !!
Compare for your self these lights are full wave dimmable without "snubbers" and very bright!!!
ok what is a snubber?

Darn !! I knew this would come up !!!
A "Snubber" is a resister used to draw off some current on Cheap half wave Led's they will flicker when dimmed. I have used 4.7K 1/2 watt resisters and it works pretty good.
Enough about that on this tread Though..Highjack terminated:shock:

Ron Amedee wrote:

Enough about that on this tread Though..Highjack terminated:shock:

Original problem and reason for this thread has been resolved...

so feel free to hijack it...permission granted...

not that you needed any... :P

Ron Amedee wrote:

You are correct that full wave LEDs are brighter than half-wave. But be careful about drinking too much of that "pro grade" Kool-Aid though. IMHO that term is used mostly to justify why you should feel happy to pay more for a particular brand of lights thsn what you can buy elsewhere. I've got lights that I bought from a supermarket, of all places, that are every bit as well made as any I've gotten from Paul, and to-date they have a 0% failure rate - something I can't say about LEDs from CDI. Just sayin'...

The need for terminators (snubbers) isn't related to whether the lights are full or half wave. (In my experience, half-wave lights actually dim better.) It's more related to how many lights you have on a channel. Check for yourself - string together three or four sets of 100 ct LEDs and see how smoothly they fade.

George Simmons wrote:

Ron Amedee wrote:

You are correct that full wave LEDs are brighter than half-wave. But be careful about drinking too much of that "pro grade" Kool-Aid though. IMHO that term is used mostly to justify why you should feel happy to pay more for a particular brand of lights thsn what you can buy elsewhere. I've got lights that I bought from a supermarket, of all places, that are every bit as well made as any I've gotten from Paul, and to-date they have a 0% failure rate - something I can't say about LEDs from CDI. Just sayin'...

The need for terminators (snubbers) isn't related to whether the lights are full or half wave. (In my experience, half-wave lights actually dim better.) It's more related to how many lights you have on a channel. Check for yourself - string together three or four sets of 100 ct LEDs and see how smoothly they fade.

You need them if you use LOR controllers to turn relays off and on.

A incandescence C9 worked for me.

Perhaps we should start a Snubber "Terminator" thread for the people who haven't read the older post...I have read 4 months of snubber post there are hundreds of variations out there.

Ron Amedee wrote:

Perhaps we should start a Snubber "Terminator" thread for the people who haven't read the older post...I have read 4 months of snubber post there are hundreds of variations out there.

If you really want to get ambitious you could just post a link to that thread. Just about every thread I've ever seen on snubbers has had the same information.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

How is the order filling going? I have not heard anything yet asking for the rest of my payment.

huskernut wrote:

Hi Paul,

How is the order filling going? I have not heard anything yet asking for the rest of my payment.

I heard thru the grapevine that a couple of his containers are still 30 to 40 days out...