Light-O-Rama Forums

Magical Holiday Moments 2010 videos

ORANGEDOG

Magical Holiday Moments is a Christmas lights tribute to Disneyland in Fairfield, Calif. making it a premier destination in Northern California to view a Christmas lights display/show . The show features freshly introduced elements to the display making for a more exciting experience with visually stunning lighting effects to dazzle your senses.
I have my Wife to Thank for her hard work for us to be able to put together our show for the community. Without her I would not have been able to do it by myself.

Feel free to comment and rate this video.

Thanks for looking from Magical Holiday Moments
Visit us at MagicalHolidayMoments.weebly.com

All the effects you get out of the wheel, I would love all the details on it.

I love the wheel. Is it inspired by the new'er lighting in combo with the "World of Color Show" on the Ferris Wheel on Paradise Pier?

Well considering the 'Fun Wheel' currently only has 8 slices, the effects didnt look half bad, but our plans are to upgrade to 16 slices and to convert it over to RGB 12volt LED lighting. By doing so, it will give a smoother rotation effect.

It's twelve foot diameter was constructed with 1/2 inch PVC pipe and fittings all joined at the central point with plywood (sun beams). The design was re-engineered 4 times to be able to break down for storage, it disassembles into 4 pieces.
Four colors of light strings were attached to the spokes, half incandescents and half LEDs

jstorms wrote:

I love the wheel. Is it inspired by the new'er lighting in combo with the "World of Color Show" on the Ferris Wheel on Paradise Pier?
The 'Fun Wheel' was a huge crowd pleaser as it was really hard to miss being at twelve feet tall.
YES our complete show / elements were derived and inspired by Disneys California Adventure park's newest show attraction of 'World of Color'. We do go to Disneyland frequently just to get inspiration for our light show. We do have more plans to add to our show based on WOC, providing the funds are present.

loved it .think that is the first mega/ weber tree I have seen.

james campbell wrote:

loved it .think that is the first mega/ weber tree I have seen.
Thanks for the nice Compliment. I'm sure our display is not the only one with a 'mega / weber' tree combo, but I'm glad ours was your first one you have seen. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Don, You are correct lots of programing and lots of long evenings, but in the end ... It's all worth the effort. ;) Seeing and knowing our display puts a smile on peoples faces keeps us motivated to continue on to next year.

• The topic was locked