Light-O-Rama Forums

Pet Peeves

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

One thing I hate is spammers. They continue to drain hard earned money from hard working people.

I received an email from one. Here's my reply...

Please do me a favor, jump off of a high bridge. Then, on the way down, put a loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger. One way or another, the world will be rid of your scummy ass!

Sent from my wireless Android device.
----- Reply message -----
Date: Sun, May 1, 2011 2:13 pm
Subject: Notification
To:

Dear Beneficiary,

We wish to officially inform you that you have won in the International Lottery Commissions
Find enclosed necessary documents in attachment which you must complete and return to us
Within 48HRS of Notification here is your Agents email for any inquires: info@ulfirm.com, dobell.thomas@ulfirm.com

Thank you
Robert Sieni

Wonder if they got the message?

Guest guest

The latest one I got clainmed it was from N.A.T.O. and then told me to contact the "Bank of Nigeria". Damn, I despise these things too, and I get them daily, not one or two, but sometimes I may have as many as 30+ of these damn things in my Junk Filter.

Know what I;d love to do, find a damn virus that would destroy their scamming computer system and SEND IT RIGHT BACK TO THEM and totally destroy their computers!

I am so sick opf this crap. I think we should contact Prez. Obama and tell him to BOMB THE HELL OUT OF NIGERIA since this seems to be where all this crap comes out of! Although I've gotten a few that say UK, but further down, what does it do, reference some bank in, yep, you guessed it, NIGERIA!

But my sll time favorite is when it supposedly looks to be some old lady e-mailing you that she is on her last legs and wants to give you all her money and that she found your name in some database that makes you the ideal candidate (more like SUCKER) for her NON-EXISTANT money you're going to inherit. Give me a freakin' break!

BTW: I never REPLY to these idiots (and neither should anyone else!), for when you do, you just VERIFIED your e-mail address or other means they used to contact you is valid and then it just gets worse! I speak from experience on this one. That's why I closed all my yahoo accounts, but they still seem to find you one way or another.

Last year I had to upgrade to a new server with more horsepower to process the spam. In turn more spam started coming in so that my 1.5 sdsl for the server was no longer sufficient. So between the spam filer software, the new server, and increase in bandwidth for the spam to come in, I'm looking at about 1500 per year spread out over 5 years.
Mind you, this is MY mail server and has about 10 accounts on it, think what spam is costing businesses with a few thousand mailboxes.

Mountainwxman wrote:

One thing I hate is spammers. They continue to drain hard earned money from hard working people.

I received an email from one. Here's my reply...

Please do me a favor, jump off of a high bridge. Then, on the way down, put a loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger. One way or another, the world will be rid of your scummy ass!

Sent from my wireless Android device.
----- Reply message -----
Date: Sun, May 1, 2011 2:13 pm
Subject: Notification
To:

Dear Beneficiary,

We wish to officially inform you that you have won in the International Lottery Commissions
Find enclosed necessary documents in attachment which you must complete and return to us
Within 48HRS of Notification here is your Agents email for any inquires: info@ulfirm.com, dobell.thomas@ulfirm.com

Thank you
Robert Sieni

Wonder if they got the message?

Need to send it to info@ulfirm.com, dobell.thomas@ulfirm.com
But when you use your email address you are just confirming your email is valid and good to spam even more!

I just don't understand why if I have won the lottery in Nigeria do they expect me to spend my winnings on "male enhancement therapy"!! I can only get but so good looking!!

I don't know what you guys are so upset about. These contests are on the up and

up. I know cause I won a great prize with one of them. I won my own island off the

coast of Colorado and I can't wait to go and see it this summer! :dude:

It will give me a nice quiet spot to do some sequencing for this year.

Hey wait a minute............ coast of Colorado? :shock:

I'm going to have to check this out!!!!! I'll get back to you guys. :P