Light-O-Rama Forums

Storms in the South

shfr26

Hope everyone made out okay in the storms that hit the South. Prayers go out to all that have been effected in anyway.

Just did a quick check, 29 members in Alabama, 39 in Georgia, One from Georgia was from Rindgold, a town I saw on the news this A.M. Again, prayers go out to all of you.

Supposedly heading for us in Florida, but it's more just the tip of one end of it from what I'm seeing on the local news. Nothing to be too worried about here from what I'm seeing, but some of the other areas that the center of the storm will hit, I feel for them! Especially since this storm has been so destructive and killed over 200 people from the last report I heard a few moments ago.

There is quite a bit of destruction down here. We escaped any serious damage, we are about 30 miles south of Birmingham on I65. Tuscaloosa was hit especially hard. Our daughter was home last night from the University of Alabama and missed the tornado there. Many of her friends have called, texted, and posted on Facebook. We watched tons of their video and looked at pics last night. Absolute devastaion. As of a few minutes ago the offical death toll was at 36 for the city of Tuscaloosa with injured running in the 600 range with many unaccounted for. Statewide the death toll is over 135 according to local news. You should have seen the News when they were showing LIVE the tornados in both Tuscaloosa downtown Birmingham! Awesome power these massive storms contained.
Myself, I was driving from Nashville home in these conditions. I stopped at the State Line to catch a nap, not knowing what was coming. Luckily, that may have kept me from being in the path of earlier storms that crossed I65 north of Birmingham. I got a phone call that alerted me of the situation, I listen to XM, so no weather reports. I flipped the IPAD to radar and found a local station on the radio. It seems I was very lucky as I was either outrunning storms behind me or missing the ones coming before I got home. Our only damgage was a roof leak. The roofing company that my agent suggested just left. While we were talking, he asked, "Where do you keep all your Christmas lights?" Seems he and his family have been coming by the last two years. :P

Still have yet to see anything here in my area of Florda. I think it mainly hit the Northern parts, panhandle, Tallahassee, possibly Jacksonville area. But haven't heard anything else than what they were saying this morning.

Also saying it could affect the Shuttle launch from Cocoa for Friday.

evan.a wrote:

getting hammered right now, very wind

If I lived out there, I would probably be getting hammered too!

evan.a wrote:

getting hammered right now, very wind

What's the latest by you? I hope all is well. Thoughts and prayers for all those involved in these storms.

just got power back on. a lot of rain. it s^cked.

getting texts from friend in NJ, about what was going on arround me in Burgaw. wife packed the closet and got very upset about the lighting. took videos with my cell and caught a dust devil at the end of my driveway. I have to find my cord to upload it tommorrow.