Light-O-Rama Forums

Cool to Be A Witch 2.0 - Video Sneak Peek

Guest guest

Here's a song that the sequence is almost complete for my 2011 Halloween display.

Basically it is complete, I just need to add the flickering candleflame lighting effects to the 5 Jack-O-Lanterns into the sequence (will be copied and pasted from another sequence).

Other than that, it's pretty much complete! But is anything ever really truly done?

Cool to Be a Witch 2.0 by Lord Alexian, used with permission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib1xSqtI4xo&hl=en&fs=1

More information on Lord Alexian and his music can be found here as well as contacting him for permission to use this song: http://www.AlexianMusic.com

It may need a small amount of tweaking, but it's basically done.

That looks great!
Sometimes I wish I lived in an area that would allow me to do a Halloween show, other times I'm glad I Don't. It must be a lot of work to set up and sequence 2 holidays, I'm usually 1/2 done setting Christmas by Halloween.

Jim Saul wrote:

That looks great!
Sometimes I wish I lived in an area that would allow me to do a Halloween show, other times I'm glad I Don't. It must be a lot of work to set up and sequence 2 holidays, I'm usually 1/2 done setting Christmas by Halloween.

Thanks Jim. I did notice in the vid I seem to have a stray on that I need to hunt down and eliminate, although it's not very noticable, I know it isn't supposed to be there!

Yeps I do both Halloween and Christmas, as soon as the Halloween display comes down, the Christmas Display items start coming out.

Curious though, why aren't you allowed to do a Halloween show? Where you live got some regulation against that or what? I'e never heard of NOT being allowed to do a Holiday show, unless you live in some apartment complexes that don't permit any visible holiday decor, which is very stupid, but we do have some in my area that don't allow it.

Just glad I don't live in one.

Matter of fact the management/owners of the complex live right next to me(in the other building) and they are really looking forward to how I put this all together and can't wait for Halloween and Christmas to see what I do, and how I do it! My indoor set up is visible from the living room windows, so even the neighbors have seen the "previews" as I work and test parts of a sequence, and many are asking what's with all the blinky, flashing lights and the Halloween decor in your apartment?

So everyone living around me is literally dying of anticipation to see how the full effects will be when I have it all out and operating for the Holidays!

For anyone looking for this song, you can find it on CDBaby here:

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/alexianpaganwiccan

Cost is only .99¢!

And what's even cooler is the artist himself just lives a few miles from me, so he'll be coming to do a better quality video of the display for use on his YouTube page and of his song in action when I get it all ready for public viewing in October 2011!

Very Cool Orville!!! I'm impressed! I wish i had the time and the room for another holiday! Animating Christmas has already consumed the last 4 months and I don't see an end anytime soon :-)Maybe next year!

I'm really interested to see your sequence and how your getting the "candle flicker" effect... please keep us posted when this will be on your website!!

THANKS!!!

Again.. Nice Job!!!

John Slade wrote:

Very Cool Orville!!! I'm impressed! I wish i had the time and the room for another holiday! Animating Christmas has already consumed the last 4 months and I don't see an end anytime soon :-)Maybe next year!

I'm really interested to see your sequence and how your getting the "candle flicker" effect... please keep us posted when this will be on your website!!

THANKS!!!

Again.. Nice Job!!!

Thanks John!

The candleflame effect for the Jack-O-Lantern's is actually quite simple, I use the "shimmer" effect at various intensities along with Fading them up at the beginning and fading them down at the end, occasionally I'll use fades during the the sequence, but usually just use varying intensites along that channel. You'll see what I mean when the sequence is posted and you can look it over, which I'm hoping will be soon.

I did make some changes and tweaks to it, so it's not exactly like it is in the video, the large wire frame skulls are what I changed, everything else is still pretty much the same. I just felt the skulls didn't flow back and forth as smoothly as I wanted them, so that has been improved.

I'll post the sequence here soon.

As promised here's the sequence for "Cool to Be a Witch 2.0"

Just completed it.

Feel free to change, tweak, add or subtract for your display.

You can find all my current 48 channel sequences here:

https://cid-7d6d47dfa1c635ae.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Halloween%20-%20LOR%20Sequences/Halloween%20Sequences/48%20Channel?uc=7

This is a 48 channel sequence. Download Sequence below for "Cool to Be a Witch 2.0"

Attached files 2011_Cool to Be a Witch 2_0.lms

Orville-

The video is great! What DMX settings did you use for the oscillating fan??
Just kidding. Looks good.

-logan

BrownOut wrote:

Orville-

The video is great! What DMX settings did you use for the oscillating fan??
Just kidding. Looks good.

-logan

I forgot to turn off the fan and move it out of the way. DOH! But I didn't feel like redoing the video, so I just left it as I videoed and dubbed in a clean soundtrack.

BTW: if I were going to control it, I'd just use the SE and an ON command.:P No DMX here.

I actually need to reshoot the vid anyway since I made some changes to the sequence, which is the one that is uploaded.

If you haven't seen(read) it yet, you might want to check out the "Flickering Flame Candle Effect" thread I started in the General Decorating area of the forum. It can be found here:

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum79/26426.html

There's a tutorial on how to create the effect with photos, and a video of how the effect looks when in operation. It's a really cool effect. Might want to check it out.