Light-O-Rama Forums

Selling Entire Display

Tim_L

I am selling my entire display. Everything must go as I simply do not have the time or energy to keep doing it each year.

All controller are Light-O-Rama

7- ShowTime Pro LOR1602W Lighting Controller - $225.00 - Each
11- CTB16D Lighting Controller Board with Heatsink in Rite Time controller boxes w/6' extension cords for each channel - $200.00 - Each
5- ShowTime Pro LOR800W Lighting Controller - $185.00 - Each
1- ShowTime Pro CTB16D Lighting Controller Board with Heatsink - $190.00 - Each - New in Box
1- ShowTime Pro CTB08D Lighting Controller Board with Heatsink - $129.95 - Each - New in Box
5 - CTB16PC Complete - $165.00 - Each - New in Box
2- PC-CTB16PC board with heatsink installed - $125.00 -Each - New in Box
2- pairs of Easy Light Linkers - $200.00 each pair X 2 = $400.00 for both
1- pair of Easy Light Linkers - $225.00 - New in Box
1- Smart DMX Interface - iDMX1000 - $225.00 - New in Box
1- RS485 Network Repeater - $75.00 - New in Box
1 - USB-RS485 Adapter with Booster $35.00 - New in Box
1 - USB-RS485 Adapter with Booster $35.00
1 - SC485-RJ45 Serial Adapter $20.00 - New in Box
2- PIR Motion Detector - $10.00 - Each - New in Box
4- Rite Time Controller Boxes - NEW - $40.00 -Each

Anyone wanting all of the "above" I will package it and throw in the 25', 50' and 100' network cables for $7,500.00 plus shipping.

I have a 16 foot shed packed and a good bit of attic space full of lights and decorations so numerous I would be
hard pressed to even list without unloading the shed and attic. For someone near Jacksonville FL. this could be a
treasure trove or a box deal for a new startup.
I also have all kinds of hundreds of all colors of 100 CT incandescent lights brand new still in boxes, others brand new
but removed the boxes and I put in large totes to save the space.

LED's from Paul. Red, Blue and Green LED Netlights as well red, blue and green 100CT M6 & M5 LED's.

I also have the following LED's on order from Ryan @ Magic in the Sky that are pending arrival.
36 Pure Winter White Mini Ice M5 Light Set 100 LED
24 Blitzen Blue Mini Ice M5 Light Set 100 LED
24 Grinch Green Mini Ice M5 Light Set 100 LED
24 Rudolph Red Mini Ice M5 Light Set 100 LED

20 foot, 4900 light, Mega Tree
75+ Mini trees made from flower easels. Half are 100ct incandescent clear and the other half have both color and clear
100 counts on them.
5' wireframe star
wireframe nativety scene purchased this past season. Tops out at around 7 1/2' tall
Wireframe reindeer and sleigh
7' wireframe snow man
brand new boxes of sp2 wire
male and female vampire plugs
at least 40 strobes from Darryl
I have numerous contractor 50' and 100" cords as well as the 14/2 cords in various lengths
at least 30 of the green plastic flood light holders.
LED floods from Action lighting. 2-3 cases of each Red, Blue and Green
100's of lights stakes
LED trees from Walmart - Blue and Green
3 - 16' Arches with 16 sets of 100CT incandescent clears on each arch

I have everything needed for a major display. I do not have any blowmolds.
You can see some of the stuff in action at http://www.vimeo.com/tnychristmas/videos
contact me directly at tbl33_01@yahoo.com

Always sorry to see a fellow displayer call it quits...but completely understand...

it is a hobby that takes a LOT of hard work and takes a lot of time that can be devoted elsewhere...

And why I think I'll keep my display at no more than 80 channels! 48 for this year since we're in an apartment.

I NEVER want to have my display grow so big it would become a chore and no longer fun to do!

As much as I enjoy doing my displays, I sure don't want it so large I can't control or handle doing it!

Instead of selling off the entire display Tim, why don't you just scale it back?

At least keep a few controllers and just do a smaller show.

I know folks always expect more and more every year, but sometimes that's just pushing the person creating the display for not only others, but their enjoyment over the edge and then they quit because they feel they can't give the "other" folks what they want.

I say to heck with that, I do my display FOR MY and MY FAMILIES ENJOYMENT and allow others to enjoy it, but I'm not going to allow anyone to push me to the point I don't want to do an animated musical display using the LOR products and then go and sell off all my stuff because they think I should add more, and more, and even more every year, until it gets so out of control it becomes more of a chore and a job, instead of a hobby and fun.

I may go above 80 channels some day (probably no more than 96 channels for me), but I guarantee my display will never be allowed to take me over to the point I give up with it completely! I'll scale it back first! After all IT IS MY DISPLAY and SHOULD ALWAYS BE MY CHOICE, as YOUR DISPLAY SHOULD BE YOUR CHOICE!

I'll never give up completely doing a display, with the exception if my health would not allow me to do so, but that's a different matter all together!

Orville,
I thought about it but, my wife and I are getting older, kids are grown and we are more in a position where we would rather be traveling elsewhere for the holidays instead of staying home. This has nothing to do with finances so if I ever decide to get back into decorating, I can buy the things that I need back. I simply have toooooooo much stuff as it stands now.

Sorry to see your hanging it up. I looked forward to your videos every season. But I can understand, as it is getting harder for me also to commit to the time envolved in building these large displays. Good luck in what ever you do with your new found time.....................Mike

Yeah, sorry to see you go. I would love to take some of your stuff off your hands. but unfortunately I don't have the extra cash right now. Just got done ordering some stuff the other day. Luckily it wasn't anything you had.

Well Tim, If I have been employed, had some cash, and NOT living in an apartment, I'd have just rented a nice BIG U-haul and drove up to JAX and bought a LARGE part of your goodies, since I'm only about a 2-1/2-3 hour drive from JAX. Not so much in the way of controllers, but like the E-Z Linkers and lights! Can always use tons of lights it seems. LOL

Sadly, been out of work since 11/'09 and still trying, nothing so far, but I'm still not giving up.

Understand the want to travel and do other thingns for the Holidays.

Good Luck and enjoy yourself!

BTW: I don't have any kids, just me, the wife and brother in law and our cat, but have a lot of relatives that do have children, so I creat my displays for them, as well to honor both my wifes and my late parents. Even after all us kids were grown, my late parents still decked out their house for the Halloween and Christmas Holidays (sometimes with a little help from me).

Too bad my parents or the in-laws never got a chance to see the fancier animated displays I do now. I know they all would have love them! Sadly they all passed away before I got into the LOR scene or should that be "addiction?" LOL

Tim_L wrote:

Orville,
I thought about it but, my wife and I are getting older, kids are grown and we are more in a position where we would rather be traveling elsewhere for the holidays instead of staying home. This has nothing to do with finances so if I ever decide to get back into decorating, I can buy the things that I need back. I simply have toooooooo much stuff as it stands now.

You and your wife look about 30 in your picture on your video's site!!!

You always had a great display - I'm sure your many fans and visitors will miss it. On the other hand, enjoy that traveling!

Have you sold anything yet? Sure hope I'm one of the lucky ones who will get a couple of your controllers. Been saving up for controllers and I'm ready to give up my $$$.

MikeH

I sent the following message to you at joe@westernmallchristmas.com
as you indicated in your message and the mail was returned undeliverable, stating no such recipient.

Do you have Paypal? If so, you can pay me via Paypal by using tim@datamg.com as the email address of the payee.

Let me know if this works for you and if not, what alternative do you suggest?

Thank you,
Tim