Light-O-Rama Forums

Patriotic lights on Fox News

jstorms

Video clip from Fox News when Bill O'Reilly featured my lights on "The Factor". He tried to label me a pinhead for making my neighborhood put up with all the lights, but America came through and voted my lights as "Patriot".

We had just come home from going to Chili's for dinner, flipped on the TV and wham! There's Bill O'Reilly ripping on my lights. Actually, I didn't mind I was just flipping out my lights were on TV.

Within 15 minutes the crowds showed up and swarmed my neighborhood for the rest of the season.

That is very cool, and I wouldn't want to live next to Bill O'Reilly. so I guess it's all relative...

Some carolers came by and told me traffic was backed up a half mile. I went out and checked and yup, I had a big problem. Two neighbors called the cops, but no reports were filed.

I was able to modify the show after that to deal with crowds and after that I didn't have problems.

I have the perfect setup for car traffic though. Extra wide street can accommodate parking on both sides and still let two lanes of traffic drive by. There are no neighbors across the street just a big sound wall. In fact there are no driveways on that side except for 2.

Still that much traffic that fast was very unnerving. Thought for sure I was going to get shut down. I know why some people avoid press like the plague.

Some carolers came by and told me traffic was backed up a half mile. I went out and checked and yup, I had a big problem. Two neighbors called the cops, but no reports were filed.

I was able to modify the show after that to deal with crowds and after that I didn't have problems.

I have the perfect setup for car traffic though. Extra wide street can accommodate parking on both sides and still let two lanes of traffic drive by. There are no neighbors across the street just a big sound wall. In fact there are no driveways on that side except for 2.

Still that much traffic that fast was very unnerving. Thought for sure I was going to get shut down. I know why some people avoid press like the plague.

Attached files 242689=13212-2010Dec18_ 008.jpg

jstorms wrote:

I can understand why some don't like the traffic...but then I think, "then why do you do something that will ATTRACT traffic?"

I self promote my display as much as I can...the more traffic the merrier for me!!! :P

But I don't mind being out there most nights directing the traffic and meeting the people...

Jim Saul wrote:

Thats Awesome!!!!
I just want to see how are you going to top your first year :shock:
Maybe the "Colbert Report" will film from there!!:dude:

jstorms wrote:

...or get Lady Gaga to do a concert.

I actually want that to happen!!! LOL Plan on doing 3 GaGa songs this year and get them on YouTube right away in hopes she will see them, be moved by them and come do a live show to my lights!!! Just like she did with that little girl who she asked to come on stage and do "Born This Way" with her...

Hey...if you're going to dream...dream BIG!!!! :(

If anyone is a pinhead, IT IS Bill O'Reilly! Sure sounds like a scrooge to me with that comment about "I wouldn't want to live next door to that display". If he thinks thats bright, he hasn't even seen 1/3 of some of the displays that are out there.

Yep, Bill O'Reilly IS the PINHEAD of the YEAR!

Now where does he live and how can we get every one of his neighbors to put up a momentous display to drive him totally insane? ROFLMAOSHIFAHMH

Translation for those that can't figure that one out:

Rolling On the Floor Laughing My A$$ Off So Hard I Fell And Hit My Head!:cool:

p.s. no damge as there's nothing up there to hurt.:P

jimswinder wrote:

Plan on doing 3 GaGa songs this year and get them on YouTube right away in hopes she will see them, be moved by them and come do a live show to my lights!!!

You keep swinging for the bleachers. Don't let anyone talk you down from it.

• The topic was locked