Light-O-Rama Forums

Where are the ladies?

LORi P

George Simmons wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Now back to the original question.

Can anyone still remember what that was?

Why aren't there more geeky women on this forum?

George Simmons wrote:

Why do they have to be geeks to qualify? Wouldn't just being female be enough?

Well...female and still breathing would be an added bonus..

jimswinder wrote:

Well...female and still breathing would be an added bonus..

Yeah . . .

and having big pocket protectors would be nice, too!

Jeff Millard wrote:

Orville wrote:
...anyone that played around with or thought about Sci-Fi, Computers, built weird electronic kits that did blinky lights and/or even sound effects (for models or whatever project you had in mind), at least when I was in school were ...

Can I add "NASA" to your list of geek interests?

Jeff

DEFINITELY Jeff!

Having a father that built missiles, rockets and the original "Monorail vehicles" for Disney World in Orlando, NASA definitively falls into this category!

And I followed right behind him building missiles, rockets and I even went a bit further by building that unmentionable word in airports(and other locations) that starts with a B, ends in a B, and has that OM(inous) sound in the middle for US military applications.:shock:

Which that laast one was kind of funny when someone would ask me what type work I did and I'd bluntly state, I build bombs for US Military Applications, most often I'd get stopped before I could finish the sentence after I build bombs.... with "You buikld what? Bombs?" and I'd have to say, if you had let me finish the sentence you'd know I was doing this for OUR MILITARY, I'm working for a company that builds and supplies them to our troops. And no, I don't do any of this stuff on my time or in my house! That just ain't ever gonna happen!!!

Built rounds for several miluitary ground wweapons as well, like the M-15.

Can't forget the Chess Club and Science Club in school either!:(

Okay, back to the original topic, where are all the women? I think we've hijacked this thread enough.:cool:

I was more of a motor head in high school. My big dream back then was to buy a Ford PInto and drop a small block V8 in with racing slicks on the back. didn't realize that it all cost money to do!! lol

Jeff Millard wrote:

What? They don't like NASA?!?

Jeff

Yes, they did. I just associated NASA under the Sci-Fi arena, since a lot of people, believe it or not, believe that NASA is a just a glorified Sci-Fi production facility! Even though I know it isn't, Late grandfather and father both worked there. And as I was growing up, a lot of what they did was always classifgied as "sci-fi" by a lot of my friends when I'd tell them of things that was going on. 'Course back in the late 60's and early 70's, a lot of this stuff we do today would definitely have been classified Science Fiction! Now it's a reality!

Unhijacking this thread now....:(

OCD + Geek => Animated Christmas Lights, it's just a matter of time before you show up here. Like moths drawn to the light.

my better half is here, she just doesn't post. But I have found her "secretly" on her laptop clicking my bookmarks and browsing some of these forums. She actually loves to do the sequencing, and is a huge help come October.