Light-O-Rama Forums

the snow has melted!!!

Jim Saul

Well almost all of it :)
here's about 3/4 of the extension cords hanging off the back deck so the sun can dry them out and I can put them away. The rest of them are still under snow in the front flowerbed.
I have all the lights except for the ones on the house down.
Of course there are still about 100 blow molds with 1-3 inches of water in them but hey, at this rate I will be done before easter :)

Attached files 242218=13171-cords drying.jpg

The ice gave up the last of it's captive cords in Clearwater just yesterday. Sharon and I spent the better part of the last two days spooling, folding and tying over 800 of the damn things. Finally - the yards are completely devoid of everything Christmas. We made it before the first tulip bloomed but only by a couple of days...

I was able to get up the rest of the cords and all of the stakes this week. The only things left are some lights and stuff on the back of the house where it isn't quite safe to put a ladder yet. I'm betting I get it done this week though.

This is like an ice out contest on a lake. What is the date you get your last item of the display picked up. Last year it was April 1st for me.

Was able to take down the net light fences, 6 ' trees and most of the extension cords, there is still one that is incased in ice but it should be free in a day or two.

Will spend a few hours this weekend rolling up the miles of extesion cords.

Long -{CENSORED}- winter this year!

Today. April 15, I got the last of the display down and put away. Who had April 15 in the pool?

:P

Funny you should mention it - I've still got stuff stacked by the garage and it's snowing again tonight...