Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 director and scheduling.

Guest guest

I need to know weather the following is possible without LOR 2.

I want a show to play on my MP3 director for 5 hours approx. And the show is ony 6min long so it will have to repeat 48 times and then I want it to switch to another show after 48 plays or after a certain time and play it until power is removed. I want this all to restart after each time the power is reapplied.

Is there any way I can do this and or get something similar to happen?

Thanks,
Zac

Zac_Cutt wrote:

I need to know weather the following is possible without LOR 2.

I want a show to play on my MP3 director for 5 hours approx. And the show is ony 6min long so it will have to repeat 48 times and then I want it to switch to another show after 48 plays or after a certain time and play it until power is removed. I want this all to restart after each time the power is reapplied.

Is there any way I can do this and or get something similar to happen?

Thanks,
Zac

Insert the sequence(s) enough times to fill 48 plays?

I was thinking that however there are two problems. 1. How do I get the MP3 director to play 2 shows? Just put two on it and it will skip over? and 2. Will I be able to fit that much on the memory chip???? Will it take up much more space or will it just use the same files for all of it. I am wondering weather it may uplaod the MP3 as many times as I have sequences...

Thanks,
Zac

I think Don is right, try putting the shows in 48 times, then add your second set of sequences after those and put them in the list for as many times as needed before the power goes off.

Hopefully the sequences won't get copied more than once.

I'm holding out for the scheduler, three more weeks before my show goes live. :shock:

If the scheduler is not available my contingency plan is to just use a computer to run the show.

mb323 wrote:

I think Don is right, try putting the shows in 48 times, then add your second set of sequences after those and put them in the list for as many times as needed before the power goes off.

Hopefully the sequences won't get copied more than once.

I'm holding out for the scheduler, three more weeks before my show goes live. :shock:

If the scheduler is not available my contingency plan is to just use a computer to run the show.

The Secheduler firmware and supporting software in the Hardware Utility is in final testing. It will release this week. You can have two shows scheduled to run at different times.... It should do what Zac want it to do. Also there is no need for an external timer. The director's clock is pretty accurate.

Zac, If the 256 card doesn't have enough room for your 48 shows and then starting the 2nd show, go and buy a 512 or 1 GB card. I bought a bigger sd card before I knew that the firmware would be out this week. The sd card is a blue with red stripe at top with SanDisk in red stripe. This specific card does work.I bought mine at circuit city and I saw that they had them at Office Depot! I have an MP3 player and the show will loop it self when power is applied. I leave mine on all the time now and just insert the card when I want it too play. I am hoping that the firmware will allow me to run my 17 minute musical sequences and then after that run a 1 hour and 43 minute musical and animation at the same time? After that it should loop it self until I pull the card or kill the power.

Bill Jr.

Hopefully tommorow... The big display using this is going up on Friday. So I have till then to get this worked out. I might just be able to get it looping and shut it off my self for a few nights until LOR2 is out...

Any word on how its going Dan?

Thanks,
Zac

LightORama wrote:

The Secheduler firmware and supporting software in the Hardware Utility is in final testing. It will release this week. You can have two shows scheduled to run at different times.... It should do what Zac want it to do. Also there is no need for an external timer. The director's clock is pretty accurate.

Dan... is today (Friday) the day?