Light-O-Rama Forums

S2

Ron Amedee

Went to support page looking to download the S2 help manual. Sends me to online help but won't navagate to the page.

I am trying to get info on the clipboard feature as I need a much better understanding of it's features.

Ron Amedee wrote:

Thanks Jim

That worked...Now back to "MM" and see if i can finger this out:shock::)

Watch where you put those fingers!

bisquit476 wrote:

You can also go to the bottom of this page for the latest help file

http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html

Scroll towards the bottom of the page.

actually bisquits page has the newer version than what I linked...

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/2.9.4/LORHelp.pdf

EDIT TO DAN:

On your Software page where it says:

The Showtime Software Suite S2 is sophisticated yet easy to learn. Our full time software development staff is constantly listening to users to incorporate new, easy-to-use features and extend the software into new areas to foster even more creativity. Get a sneak peek at the user manual.

It is not linking to the latest version (2.9.4 but rather 2.7.6)

Jim

Your link works ..Can't get 2.9.4 to open

As soon as I read all 341 pages S3 will probally be released !!!! (wishful thinking)

How did I ever manage to sequence anything before starting to read this is a miracle!

Ron Amedee wrote:

Jim

Your link works ..Can't get 2.9.4 to open

hmmm...how does it work, but yet you can't open it?

must be your "over-used fingers"... :)

Assuming you're seeing a message that says "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled" when you try to open the help file, then (believe it or not) this is actually a feature of Windows.

Apparently, nefarious individuals can build help files in ways that may cause harm to your computer. So, when you download a help file from the internet, Windows doesn't let you actually use it unless you explicitly tell Windows to let you do so.

Assuming that you trust the source that you downloaded the help file from, the way to tell Windows that you want it to let you use the help file is this:

Right-click on the help file in the directory where you saved it on your computer, select "Properties" from the popup menu, look towards the bottom of the dialog box and click the "Unblock" button in the "Security" section of the Properties dialog.

Also, just an FYI: The help file is automatically installed when you install the LOR software. You can get to it (without the hassle of this "navigation cancelled" stuff) in several ways; one easy way is by going to the Sequence Editor's "Help" menu.