Light-O-Rama Forums

Dual Port USB485B Question

Guest guest

I see 2 ports on there.

Can you use both ports seperately to go to 2 units with having to daisy chain? Or is the second port locked for wireless/accessory use.

I would think you could use both since you can connect the wireless unit into the standard transmitter port.

Curious,

-Doug

webslinger wrote:

I see 2 ports on there.

Can you use both ports seperately to go to 2 units with having to daisy chain? Or is the second port locked for wireless/accessory use.

I would think you could use both since you can connect the wireless unit into the standard transmitter port.

Curious,

-Doug

I'm pretty sure you can. In fact, I think one of the LOR Support pages shows a 485B with two connections. (I could just be remembering things wrong, though.)

Yes you can use both. I have an indoor loop of boards on one of them, and a single board in a Orbit case connected to the other. I probably never would have even tried that, but when Dan Baldwin was helping troubleshoot a defective board at the Philly mini+, I saw him separate the suspect board by plugging it into the second port. Later when we got a backup board in place, he plugged it into the second port and we ran the show. It's been connected that way ever since...

jeff