Light-O-Rama Forums

Controllers any order??

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

does it matter how you cat 5 your contollers together ie: controller #1 to controller #7, #7 to #4 ect ect or do they have to be linked in order??

No it does not. you can plug it any order. as long as you know where the start controller is and the end is.

my controller was pluged in this order start of 2010.

3-1-2-4-6-7-5. just the way my layout was. when i started it did go in order. after i moved I didnt want to redo all my sequences.

last year, start of 2010. my dogs playing by controller one. yanked on the cat 5 cable going to controller 2. I had to reroute every cat 5 cables. so my controllers went like this. 3-5-7-6-4-2-1.

my out put in controller 1 is broken.

I did send Dan an e-mail and he told me he would fix it for free. I do want to pay for it, since it was my fault. but he told me, maybe in a later time.

evana wrote:

I did send Dan an e-mail and he told me he would fix it for free. I do want to pay for it, since it was my fault. but he told me maybe ator in a later time.

LOR has the best customer service, I've said it time and time again. I love these guys.:)

It is a good idea to label the outside of your controllers especially when you have them out of order, that way troubleshooting is much easier if something goes wrong.

Yes any order but believe it or not I put mine in number order. 1 thru 14. This year 1 thru 20 or I may mix them up.

Last year I forgot to flip the light switch for controller 1 & 2 and for awhile everything else ran except for 1 & 2 and I thought......."that's just great, that is just what I need 1 week from Christmas eve 2 controllers out of commission and I only have 1 spare controller card.

After my "Blond" moment I saw the switch was not on.

I found that interesting that the MP3 Director unit ran the show even if some of the controllers are not powered up, just so long as all the cables are connected. Oh yea I had another blond moment too........I forgot to add 1 cat5 cable to the last controller and this time I checked for the obvious.

Guest Don Gillespie

thanks, makes the yard layout real easy now, I wanted to know because I plan on using a controller up on the roof and I want to move some of them around so the extension cords are not so long making it easier to set up and take down.