Light-O-Rama Forums

Best plce to get C9 Bulk Spools?

rgardner518

Wheres the best place to get bulk spools of c9 sockets? I don't care about size. But I need the most spaced out one I can get.

Ron Amedee wrote:

You can buy a spool of SPT and sockets to make your own custom Spacing.

I tired that last year...was not happy with results as the space in the Socket for the SPT2 wire was WAY too deep and I could never get a good connection...so I ordered a couple of spools from Paul at CDI for this year...

http://creativedisplays.com/siteresources/modules/webstore/scripts/prodList.asp

Caleb Linburg wrote

How are things free at CDI? Is there a high shipping charge?

Read all the above post and did not see free anywhere !!

I get all my LED's from paul at CDI. He is not the cheapest JUST THE BEST. Paul stands behind his product and if you compare most is"PRO Grade"that he sells...This ain't no wally world lights. He also sells twisted commercial spool wire that will hold up outside way longer than SPT!!

Dan C wrote:

We use the 18" spacing that we got from action a couple years ago and love it. We use 4 colors red, blue, green and white (all opaque). The spacing is perfect. Before at our old house I just took standard store bought strands and popped off every other socket and it worked ok but for this house I wanted custom strands that are fit to legth and marked out for easy set up. We have a over 800 c9's on the roof on 32 channels and I can put them all up in about 2 hours tops. I also made custom extension cords running two channels over a three wire spt so that I only have two extension cords for 4 channels. Those are both zip tied together and allows for fast easy set up. Anything that can speed up the proccess of set up is key when your doing larger displays with hundreds of channels.