Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you know?

shfr26

O.K., I am not that smart, so I'll ask. How do you know if your mp3 is 128 constant bit rate??? I run all of mine thru Audacity and they show up as "128kbps". Is it the same thing or what?? Another newbie question in my 3rd year.:) And yes, I did download "lame" with Audacity, just in case you ask. Just don't laugh to hard when you read this.

If you go into audacity...edit...preferences...file formats...set it to 128 there.Yes 128 is 128 bit rate.

shfr26 wrote:

O.K., I am not that smart... "lame" ... just in case you ask.

C'mon people... baseball season is upon us! When you see a fat one like that thrown right down the middle, someone's gotta step up and take a whack at it...

If you're using Windows file manager (or whatever they're calling it these days) right-click on the MP3 filename, then properties, then Details and that should tell you the bitrate as well.

OK, George what may be obvious to some is not to others. My sons keep telling me that all the time. I keep telling them that they are adopted and not mine. LOL.

Some folks catch it fast and some do not.

George Simmons wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
O.K., I am not that smart... "lame" ... just in case you ask.

C'mon people... baseball season is upon us! When you see a fat one like that thrown right down the middle, someone's gotta step up and take a whack at it...

If you're using Windows file manager (or whatever they're calling it these days) right-click on the MP3 filename, then properties, then Details and that should tell you the bitrate as well.

Go for it George, I can take it, make me laugh!

I guess I will join this "lame" discussion...

The thing that is more difficult is to confirm if the mp3 file is CBR or VBR. If experiencing any timing playback issues with my sequences, I just run the file through Audacity since it will output it as CBR for sure.

For those that haven't experienced such "lame" things or don't know what we are talking about (or are just lame:P), you can read more here:
http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/Audacity_Lame_128Kbps.pdf

George Simmons wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
O.K., I am not that smart... "lame" ... just in case you ask.

C'mon people... When you see a fat one like that ..step up and take ...a whack at it...

If you're using ..(or whatever they're calling it these days) ... ..that should tell you.. as well.

Just a snip here and there...:P