Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating Tracks for CCRS

Ralph A

I am adding 7 CCR'S to my display this year and have just started. I have used the "add device" to add them to the main track. Set one of the CCR'S up in the house and all works fine. Looking forward to the new animation screen when it comes out! Anyway I've played around with adding them all to a separate track. Here is my dilemma.

I am trying not to have to add each channel from the main track to the separate CCR track one at a time. I can go to the separate CCR track and add the device, giving it the same id and all. However when I do this and and I light a particular channel it does not duplicate in the separate CCR track from the main track, and I understand why. The software does not recognize it as a duplicate. If I sequence it this was, i.e. using the add device in the separate CCR track giving the same id. I am concerned that when I'm done and ready for my show it may not play because when you create a show does it not read from just the main track?

Anyone tried this before and have any ideas?

Thanks!

Internally, the software keeps tracks of channels in a different way that humans do. Consider it "human readable" versus "machine readable".

If you were to continue your method below you would have many channel conflicts. (Which would get noticed if you ran the Verifier tool, in the LOR Tray/Control Panel) These channel conflicts would send different instructions to the same channel at the same time. There is no telling which instruction would win.

There is a way to create the tracks via a text editor, but it's not quick, and there is a learning curve. That said, it would be quicker than trying to copy 7 CCR's worth in the sequence editor.