Light-O-Rama Forums

Error trying to save file

Maine Lights

First off I am very new to using this softwareso sorry if this is a simple fix. I was able to save my first sequence with no problem but when I went to save the second one I named it and an error message came up saying "Error Saving File...do you want to try to save to another file name? Detail: Invailid procedure call or argument." Just wondering how I would go about fixing this any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, already tried that with a few different names, but still the same error comes up

It is being saved as a .lms because I am creating a musical sequence. thanks for your help.

Just wondering,

What operating system are you using on your computer that is running LOR.

Windows 98SE, XP, Vista, Windows 7 ?

Maine Lights wrote:

It is being saved as a .lms because I am creating a musical sequence. thanks for your help.

Just make sure it is going to the correct file in LOR.

It looks like it is going to the right file. It is labling it as the save name than when the error message comes up it goes away. I am running vista, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I'm not sure that this is the problem, but it's possible that one of your standard Windows files has somehow become unregistered, and Windows no longer knows how to get to it. Please try the following:

(1) Stop all running programs, including LOR programs.

(2) Open up a command prompt window. You can typically find the icon to start one up under the "Accessories" menu of your computer's Start menu.

If you are running an operating system where it matters, do so "as administrator" - that is, instead of starting the command prompt window by double-clicking on the command prompt icon, right-click on the icon, and select "Run as Administrator" from the popup menu.

(3) In the command prompt window that opens up, type the following two lines:

cd c:windowssystem32
regsvr32 scrrun.dll

Note the following:

(A) There is a space on the first line between "cd" and "c:windowssystem32".

(:P There is a space on the second line between "regsvr32" and "scrrun.dll".

© There are no other spaces anywhere else on either line.

(D) The slashes in the first line are backslashes (""), not forward slashes ("/").

After typing those two lines, a message box should pop open, saying something like "RegisterDllServer32 in scrrun.dll succeeded". I'm not sure if that's the exact phrasing, but it should definitely say "succeeded", or "successful", or something like that. If it does not, please let me know exactly what it says, word for word.

After that, open up the Sequence Editor, and try again.

After doing that a window popped open and stated "DllServerRegister in scrrun.dll succeeded" Than I tried saving again and still nothing.

OK, my next guess is that some other underlying Windows component might be misinstalled. I suggest stopping all of your running programs, and then using Windows Update.

Note that Windows Update doesn't necessarily list all available updates - it only lists those that you can install at that moment. So, after you install everything it lists, if you go back into Windows Update, it may list others that it didn't list before. Because of this, whenever I use Windows Update, the first thing I do after it completes (and after I have rebooted, if it told me to) is to immediately go back into Windows Update again. I keep doing this over and over until it finally tells me there are no available updates.

• 1 month later...

Getting this same error. Tried everything here.

Running Vista

Get error....

Call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 80004005 This happens when I run that dll file