Light-O-Rama Forums

Issue with my computer and the visualizer

scubado

I'm having a real annoying problem with my computer trying to sequence. During playback, the visualizer is choppy and missing some of the stuff thats supposed to be on.

My current setup is Intel Duo Core 3.2G CPU, 2G DDR2 800 memory, Nvidia 9600 graphics card running Windows 7 32bit. This system is supposed to be better than my older AMD dual core CPU, 2 gigs of ram, an HD ATI graphics card and running Windows XP. My older computer has no problem with the playback, but I can't use it to program because it's my show computer. Switching the computers is not a viable solution. I'm not an Intel fan, the computer was an early Christmas present last year and I was only working with 48 channels and most of the programming was done on the older computer. Now I'm programing 96 channels and it's difficult to see what you have sequenced. The timing grid is set for .05 seconds. Any ideas would be helpful, do you think the new visualizer will work better for me? Any word on when it's being released yet?

Try going to "Edit -> Preferences -> Display Preferences -> Advanced OpenGL Settings"

Starting in the 2.8 series (if memory serves) the visualizer settings were upgraded. This had a side effect of some machines having some issues with the display. This section allows you to change things up, and attempt to resolve the issue.

Jim,

I'm curious to know if un-checking "move grid with play" has any effect. I had that same issue with an older, slower machine and it would disappear when unchecking that box. Also, how far in/out are you zoomed time-wise? If the screen is updating every few seconds as the grid is moving that would only compound the problem.

George Simmons wrote:

Jim,

I'm curious to know if un-checking "move grid with play" has any effect. I had that same issue with an older, slower machine and it would disappear when unchecking that box. Also, how far in/out are you zoomed time-wise? If the screen is updating every few seconds as the grid is moving that would only compound the problem.

George, you nailed it! un-checking the "move grid with play" worked. Also aware of the screen refresh. Any suggestions for this computer to improve the situation? I would prefer to be able to see both going at the same time. Do you think more memory would fix it or a new graphics card?