Light-O-Rama Forums

#!$$% spring storms

Jim Saul

OK I was fine with everything being under snow for the last 3 months, everything was safely protected by the snow and frozen in place.
However now that the 2-3 feet of snow has melted to 2-6 inches. we get hit with 30-50 mph winds with "7 inches of blowing snow"
I can see from inside my house that all of my pole trees are bent, and at least one of my inflatables is ripped.

I feel your pain, brother... Fortunately, last weekend I was able to bring in a lot of stuff - almost half I'd guess. And now I'm heading out to dig out the snowblower from underneath all that stuff - which I piled on top of it and around it in the garage because I didn't plan on using it anymore this "winter". But, of course, that was 8" of snow ago...

Well, we got it in Ontario Canada too. 8 inches of the wettest heaviest stuff I have ever seen with high winds and guess what its even going to freeze solid tonight. At least I have over half of my display down.

I was lucky enough to get the last of my items in on monday took the mega tree down was able to see all the extension cords. And now the yard is full again Im tired of winter it can end anytime.

back in january durring a wind storm some big (about 3 ft by 4 ft) blue peice of corogated Plastic or something similar flew across my yard and snapped the stakes of a few of my candy canes

I am just glad the snow is melted about 4 weeks ago I got all but a few light sets inside I am going outside to bring them in tommorow they are probably faded tho

The sun was out yesterday morning but nipplely. I was finishing installing new conduit and pulling wire for more channels this year.