Light-O-Rama Forums

Brian Setzer Blue Christmas sequence

Guest guest

I'm an LOR first timer this year, and have been trying to get some good sequences put together.

I wanted to do Brian Setzer's Blue Christmas, and have started with it. Brian is such a great guitar player, I wanted to showcase or highlight his guitar solo with my mini-trees. I was wondering if anyone here has already sequenced this song and would be willing to share it with me so I could learn some tips about how to treat the solo in particular...Any number of channels is okay, just looking for some inspiration...

Thanks for your help.....Looking forward to a great first LOR Christmas....

Randy

Well, no one else will reply to you so I will. Sequences are like Kentucky Fried Chicken's Secret Recipe. Nobody is giving away the secrets. My songs (208) channels take about a month each to program. That's too much work to give away. Besides, I wouldn't want anyone else running my same show. I can give you some tips. Set up the Animated Viewer like you want your front yard to look like (lights in bushes, inflatables, train, mega tree, etc.) and just start programming and see what looks good to you. A big lesson I learned is to set your sequence to very small increments (I set my time between events to 0.05). I had to go back and redo my first song (which happened to be Blue Christmas - but by Elvis Presley) because my times were too long. Short times give you the ability to sweep across a mega tree or sequence candy canes or whatever to the timing of the song, especially quick paced songs (not so much Blue Christmas but faster paced songs like Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, etc.). Anyhow, the best thing to do is get on LOR homepage and click on Videos and see what other people do. If it looks good in their yard it will look good in yours!!!!!!!!!

PS - I attached a sample of one of my sequences (picture only).

Attached files 82683=5028-Sequence1.jpg

Hi if you go to this link below you can download some sequences and tweak to your display.Also if you want you can share yours with the rest of us by uploading your sequence onthis website.Most people don't mind sharing what we learned on this websiteI understand some people put a lot of work and effort in their work :smile::smile:

http://lorsequences.com

Denis Chaput wrote:

Hi if you go to this link below you can download some sequences and tweak to your display.Also if you want you can share yours with the rest of us by uploading your sequence onthis website.Most people don't mind sharing what we learned on this websiteI understand some people put a lot of work and effort in their work :smile::smile:

http://lorsequences.com

Thanks for the props, I put all 9 of the songs i have sequenced up there. I am a contributing blogger there, too.

ocandtrav By the way you can take a screen shot by pressing print screen, and then pasting the screen into MS paint.

~Robogeek

Well I would like to give a shout out to the sites and people who are willing to share their hard work. Without them i probably wouldnt be putting on a show this year, with the late start i got. I'm doing this to have fun with the kids and amaze the neighbors and if i get an extra WOW from someone elses handy work it makes every one a little happier. Thanks again.

Randy,

How many trees are you talking about? What is the layout of them? (Are they in a line, square, tree shape....) Maybe we can come up with some ideas.

I don't have it sequenced or I would be more than happy to give you a copy, sorry.

Thanks, I am working on having 24 trees that are 30" with two channels each (Red/Green and Blue/Frosted). There will be 2 strings of each color, for a total of 400 lights per tree. They will be arranged in a square that is 16' on each side, although I could change the shape if it works out better.

At the four corners of the square and also in the middle will be 48" trees (5 total) that I was planning on using for effect.

That's the setup.....Thanks for your suggestions.

Randy