Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX Preferences not highlited?

PerryH

I am trying to turn on DMX tools but the DMX Preferences label is greyed out. I have the basic version - revision 2.9.4. I have added 16 iDMX channels to the sequence. Any thoughts on how to correct this?

PerryH wrote:

I am trying to turn on DMX tools but the DMX Preferences label is greyed out. I have the basic version - revision 2.9.4. I have added 16 iDMX channels to the sequence. Any thoughts on how to correct this?

Hi Perry,

From the Help File -> Feature Comparison

DMX Intensity

Light-O-Rama allows the possible intensity of most lighting effects ranges from 0 to 100, i.e. a percentage of full intensity. DMX devices, however, are capable of taking 256 different intensities (from 0 to 255), rather than 101. Light-O-Rama supports this possibility via the DMX Intensity tool.

However, this is only supported in the Advanced license level. Other license levels will not have access to the DMX Intensity tool.

In order to edit the DMX devices with 256 (0-255) levels of control, you need the Advanced license level. You can still edit DMX devices, but you are limited to 101 (0-100) levels of control.