Light-O-Rama Forums

Auto fill

Mike Manzara

Has anyone noticed that auto fill seems to be on all the time. It will auto fill from one evnt to the next without toggling the auto fill button on.

What software version are you using?

I use 2.9.4 and the autofill only works when I tell it to, then I turn it off when I don't need it.

Can't say I have ever experienced that issue and I've been using the LOR S2 Software Suite since 2.7.6, now 2.9.4 and have upgraded each time. Found other issues here and there from previous versions, but autofill has only worked when I clicked on it or I accidentlly clicked it when trying to do something else. Which is a common error that can occur. Sure you didn't accidently turn it on when you were trying to do something else in the sequence editor?

I'm with John and Orville. Never had a problem with it, except for the fact that LOR moved the OFF command from the F key and replaced it with the FILL command. Could that be the answer? Are you using the F key?

Here is what you may be seeing.

Both the "Color Fade" and "Intelligent Fade" tools have a built in fill function. That function does not work exactly like the fill tool but is similar. With both those tools the Sequence Editor will sense the direction of movement (left to right) or (right to left) and perform different function based on that direction. It also detects no movement (or at least no substantial movement) and in that case it will perform a fill.

Dan