Light-O-Rama Forums

Micky Mouse

Darq01

i made one. i used 5/8" rope light and thin wire for shape and support, zip tied to 1/2" 'chicken' wire mesh. i will try to get some close up pics. mickey is about 4' x 5' and lays flat on the roof. it has a face and mouth (trying to make it better looking), but only use it in one song. the face i use sparingly on a few songs. made a minnie, its a little smaller and has a bow, no face or mouth. i think overall they look good from the street and everyone seems to love them. we are becoming known as the 'mickey mouse' house with the dancing lights.

chip

God I wish I could remember the specifics - I'll keep looking. I don't remember whether it was here or on PC, but a user used Coroplast to create a mickey outline that had a couple of different arm, leg and head positions. Each was controlled by a different channel so he could sequence Mickey dancing. It sounds like exactly what you are seeking. Try some searches here, and again, I'll keep looking.

Cray

You could easily make one out of coro like the dancing Mickey (except a signing Mickey) and get a bit more detail than having a custom wireframe made.
The advantage to wire frames is they take less lights, but if you are like me and have no means to weld one yourself and don't want to spend the $$ to have one custom made, coro is a great choice.

Go through some of the Mickey art and come up with a pattern you like then try it out.

Have fun with your project!