Light-O-Rama Forums

design

cbraz70

hi everyone, i got my first lor controller last week and this whole stuff its overwelming. i was wondering if anybody can give some suggestions how to design my display. im kind of going crazy how i want my display to look and ive seen so many pictures i dont know what i want now. i hoping to have at least 48 channnels before christmas. any suggestions be appreicated. ty

Attached files 239231=13044-IMAG0345.jpg

Great canvas to start with !!! Wrap every window one channel each. Net light over each bush...Outline house..5 hours overtime each week for more lights and extension cords than you ever dreamed of....Seriously though...Download a picture of your house into the visulizer..Convert with paint into a 128 bit size and start drawing your display..one dot at a time and one channel at a time... Run the visualizer to see what it looks like in a song. Call Dan and order 4 more controllers..Call mastercard and up your credit limit...Welcome to the insanity !!!!:D

You'll learn much on this site grasshopper....HUMMMMMMM.....It took me alittle while yet it gets easier with time ...ask all the questions you want !!! That is why we are here that is why we came !!!

I can definitely see all the bushes chasing. With 48 channels you can have several different props but not trick them out completely till you have more channels. You could have 4 arches and tie them together and use just 7 channels. Instead of seperating all the windows, you could have like 3 zones and have 3 colors on each zone using just 9 channels for the house. If you want 3 colors on all the bushes, just seperate them in one color to chase (like white) and tie them together on the other colors.

You can make a mega tree that looks great with just 8 to 12 channels even with 3 colors.

8 slices in one color, 1 channel color 2, 1 channel color 3, 1 channel topper, 1 channel for strobes.

You will have a lot of the infrastructure already done to expand easily.

You just have to decide what props you want the most and see how you can work them within your channels.

i meant 64 channels hope that i have before christmas depending on the boss and she thinks im crazy planning this now but i just dont want to go crazy when im trying to figure this out at christmas time . yes it does sounds good and i do want a 15' mega tree and do you say tie the arches to the bushes. im actually building an arch as we speak. 16 bushes on 1 side and 5 bushes on the other side of the walkway. lol

I'm saying tie the arches to each other so they all work together as in this video

I had 3 colors on the house with only 48 channels as in this video

Sometimes pictures explain better than words.

thats cool i like your arches i was only thinking of 2 arches but now that i saw yours 4 arches looks alot better. how did you do the strobe light in the background is that dedicated to 1 chanel or more.