Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone need some snow?

beeiilll

Well Saturday saw temps in the upper 40's with rain all day.
Sunday started out raining and then gradually turned cooler and over to light snow.

This morning comes on with around 18" of snow so far and it is still comingn down quite heavy at the moment.

What a strange winter this has been.

Bill

You could send it down to us, but wouldn't get to enjoy it very long...Spring has sprung in FL.

Of course, as luck would have it, i'm in seattle this week, where its the usual...50 degrees and raining, no sign of the sun...

DonFL wrote:

You could send it down to us, but wouldn't get to enjoy it very long...Spring has sprung in FL.

Of course, as luck would have it, i'm in seattle this week, where its the usual...50 degrees and raining, no sign of the sun...

HEY!!!

It was sunny all day yesterday!!! Everyone was out in their yards doing some "Spring/Winter" Yard work!!!

Yeah, it was in the low 40's, but the sun was shining!!!

Supposed to be sunny today to!!

:(

Today
Mar 7
30.gif?12122006
AM Clouds / PM Sun
49°
37°

DonFL wrote:

I'll believe it when i see it..:(

then you better get here today...the rest of the week it WILL be raining and overcast...

but we do that to keep the Californians and Floridians away...

:shock:

Here you go guys! Approx. 19" so far!
And that deck was clear and dry yesterday morning.

Attached files 238735=13023-3711-1.jpg

I decided to wait to snow blow and dig out things till the storm stops since the town and county have stopped plowing as of now.

Attached files 238736=13024-3711.jpg

Well it appears that we have received a total of 30" of snow out of this one and are under a state of emergency that was declared by our town supervisor yesterday afternoon.

It may look pretty but this will be tough to deal with especially since we have another storm coming in tomorrow.
Guess I will be spending the next few days shoveling off roofs. YUCK !!

beeiilll wrote:

What a strange winter this has been.

Bill

Ya think?

We woke up Monday morning to -30c which is -22 Fahrenheit. We have not hit -40 this year (yet) but we were very close at -38c which is -36 Fahrenheit & we did that a number of times this year.

Plus like you it snowed and our Alberta weather guys think that winter is here until the end of May. So be thankful you do not have very cold temperatures & snow & live here.

Snow in May is nothing new to us but a short summer just means winter is just around the corner. Summer up here this year is to be cool & wet.

beeiilll wrote:

Here you go guys! Approx. 19" so far!
And that deck was clear and dry yesterday morning.

Start selling snowman kits on Ebay :P Just don't provide a warranty to DonFl!

Selling Snowmen on Ebay - what great idea. If people will buy a sweat rag that some pop star wiped his face with... Then they should buy a tupperware container of left over Frosty - lmao

Quick Bill, go make a snowman and take a pic

KenL_MCSE wrote:

Selling Snowmen on Ebay - what great idea. If people will buy a sweat rag that some pop star wiped his face with... Then they should buy a tupperware container of left over Frosty - lmao

Quick Bill, go make a snowman and take a pic

Gotta make sure it comes with a certificate of authentically. (numbed of course.)

with the first rain of the year yesterday, I can now report that in addition to the 2 wise men, we now have a Mary Joseph, Shepard, and camel :) :) that means we are down to about 2 feet :)