Light-O-Rama Forums

Voice Changing Software

B-Rock

I've got a headset for my computer that has a built in microphone and voice morphing software. has 6 different voice modifications from robotic, to monster. Its mainly meant for playing online games over the computer to disguise your voice, but you can record it too.

If you have a Mac (or access to one), Garage Band has all kinds of options for modifying your voice.

I use MorphVox Proreaming Bee

http://www.screamingbee.com/product/products.aspx

Has all kinds of effects you can use too. The program isn't free, but I didn't feel $39.95 was a bad price for it for what all it can do. Plus there are a lot of FREE ADD-ON PACKS (Voices and Effects) to give it even more options. There are some you can purchase and they usually start around $5.00 and go up depending on what's included in them.

Very easy to use, just move the sliders around to change voice tones, pitch and then add any options before, during or even after just by clciking on each one you want to use, no limit to the effects you can add. Best voice changiing software I've used, I love it because it wasn't expensive and does just as much if not more than most of the more expensive ones out there.

It has voice/sound options like Child Male/Female, Alien Male/Female, just about all have Male/Female options, including the "animal" ones, like Big Cats, House Cats, etc. I think I have over 200 voice changing effects I can choose from after adding the FREE Add-On packs as well as two I purchased, mainly because one was for Halloween (Ghost Voice effect) and a Fantasy pack for Sci-Fi type vocal effects, I think each cost me around $5-$6, may be less, sometimes they put their voice and effects packs on sale for less. And the neat thing is you can also tweak and change these effects to meet your needs!

It really is the best program I've found for doing voiceovers. You can check it out and try it for free, but I don't believe you can record anything in the trial version, or if so (don't really recall), it may be limited to length or a few times before it becomes disabled where you need to purchase the software.

I use Audacity for my bumpers. Christmas I use a "+" number for speed and pitch and for Halloween I use a"-" number. I would tell you what my settings are but that takes the fun and individuality out of it.

Here is a sample uploaded as an .lms Just rename it to a .wav and it will play.

Attached files Shock.lms