Light-O-Rama Forums

Extra Controllers

LarryDrumAZ

Hey all Arizonians! I am throwing this out now to put the bug in everyone's ear. Our show is expanding this year to include 2 houses! I heard several people do this last year, one being my Father and Bill Learning. Does anyone have any spare controllers they could loan us for the show? I know most of the AZ contingent is in the Phoenix Area, so it is no problem for us to drive to pick-up and drop off. To complete the plan our neighbor and us have in mind we'd need 3 more controllers. If anyone has extra they are not using, we'd greatly appreciate at. AND we'll give your show free plugs in our voice-overs!

Thanks in advance!

Larry and Glenora Drum
"The Drum Family Celebration of Christmas"
Kingman, AZ

In general, any extra controllers are those that are just pending finding the idea that will take twice as many controllers as you have available... :)

KLB Wrote

In general, any extra controllers are those that are just pending finding the idea that will take twice as many controllers as you have available... :)

I can relate !!! one idea...Two contollers and $600 new LED's

If you cant afford to keep your own.. you could buy the kits, build them and sell the completed controllers after the show is over.

Perhaps you could convince your neighbor to buy those three controllers. As Bob was alluding, the kits really aren't very expensive... Have you asked your Dad if he could buy some for you, or if he had some spares you could borrow? Have you and the neighbor thought about doing a bake sale, or maybe holding a benefit spaghetti dinner at your local American Legion club? How about a car wash?

Good one George...Just donate all your conrollers and Master sequences to them...It's for a good cause !!!!.....Wait my arthritisis is acting up...send them to me !!!!

We had a big wind storm here a week ago which knocked out power. And what do you know, today I see used generators at home depot, returned and marked down. A free rental!

Anyone tried returning controllers to LOR in January?

You know that when a person ask about spare controllers. You know that they are not someone who has been doing this even for one year. OR do not have a grip on reality. I know I am repeating what several others have said. But is there such a thing as a "Spare Controller"? And if someone has bought a spare controller. It did not remain a spare for long before it was put into use.

I appreciate all the criticism, just throwing the idea out there. When the sales comes around, I will buy what I need. BUT, if someone has one they don't need this year and are willing to help out a fellow LORer, why not! Heck, Bill loaned out 6 to my Father! You never know...

Max-Paul wrote:

If someone has bought a spare controller. It did not remain a spare for long before it was put into use.

I call my " spare " Lor PC card an emergency back up.

If everyone here has an emergency back up card or controller then I would doubt anyone would want to lend them out being that could put their show in jeopardy.

However you could try other forums.

I actually did borrow one controller my first year, and know people who have borrowed controllers other years. But, the thing is, that it usually doesn't happen until October, when someone realizes that they just aren't going to have a show this year, or won't expand as much as they purchased controllers for.

But there aren't many people who already know they are not doing a show this year, that haven't decided it is time to quit and sell out...

Larry,

I havent got any spare ('have to get one myself to cover any failed units) but it's $99 for a bare -16PC kit, $16 for sixteen 6' extensions from HD or Lowes abt (.97/ea), and a tupperware box (couple bux), total of abt $130.. abt $20/month for each house to save up to buy a kit and build one. Lots of fund raisers, aluminum cans, scrap metal drive, etc.. we've done that for the block and kids spending $$ too..

What about finding a sponsor? Local hardware store, food store, gas station? You've got the Food Drive listed, try your Bashas, Frys, Albertsons, Safeway, etc..