Light-O-Rama Forums

2.9.4 vs MP3

toddmoon

I tried using 2.9.4 last year and it did not like my MP3 files. Things just did not work right. Will 2.9.4 work with MP3 now or are there still issues with MP3 files not working correctly with this version? :shock:

I went back to my previous version and all of the issues that I was experiencing went away.

toddmoon wrote:

I tried using 2.9.4 last year and it did not like my MP3 files. Things just did not work right. Will 2.9.4 work with MP3 now or are there still issues with MP3 files not working correctly with this version? :shock:

I went back to my previous version and all of the issues that I was experiencing went away.

It may not the be Version of the LOR software or if it was would have been fixed a long time ago.

What the MP3 problem could be is the format of the MP3 file in either being a varible bit rate of fixed bit rate. Everytime we get this post it is the variable bit rate issue. This will drive you crazy trying to keep your sequence syncronised to the music. Your have to convert your MP3's to fixed bit rate @ 128K. Your can go up to 192K but the higher the bit rate the director uses more overhead for the music and less for the sequence . Computer makes no difference on Bit Rate.

You will not have this problem with a WAV file, but cannot use the WAV file on a director, if you do the sequence will be skipped.

Use a free program like Audacity to convert your MP3 files to constant bit rate.

Bit rate was not the issue or WAV files. I had everything in MP3 at 128. The screen kept freezing up and not refreshing. I uninstalled 2.9.4 and went back to 2.6 and everything worked just fine again.

I had similar issues with some others as well. Its not the mp3 thats causing the issue. I would suggest updating your video driver if you haven't done so already. I know it sounds odd but it worked for me.

toddmoon wrote:

Bit rate was not the issue or WAV files. I had everything in MP3 at 128. The screen kept freezing up and not refreshing. I uninstalled 2.9.4 and went back to 2.6 and everything worked just fine again.

That is totally different from your first post. Would not have made my suggestion if I knew what you just posted.

As I read various information somewhere I came across some information that lead me to believe that 2.9.4 had some issues with MP3 files.

Not sure why now. I was down to less than two days of rolling out my light show and I did not have the time to figure out what was the actual cause of my issues. I had recently updated my computer so all of my drivers were the latest greatest.

I had done all of my sequencing with 2.7.6 and then transferred my files to my notebook that had just come back from a factory repair. I had to install LOR onto it and so I downloaded the latest version 2.9.x and I kept having problems with sequences not working right. The timing bar would start and then quit moving but the song was still playing without the screen working right. I un installed 2.9 and went back to 2.7.6 and wallah no more problems it worked flawlessly for my whole display season.

Maybe I will try installing again and see if things work all right now. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Attached files 238028=12983-DSCF1608.JPG