Light-O-Rama Forums

A quick Hello

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

Thought I would see how every one is doing, I need a break I am 4 min and 2 seconds into my 17 1/2 min medley, my eyes hurt, :D have been sequencing since the 5th of Feb, but it is going to look awsome, certainly have discovered that 112 channels will not be enough will be adding another 112 this summer, and for the smart a$$e$ out there when I say from the 5th of Feb I mean about 30 min a night however this is the start of the long weekend so I have been going strong since 8 am, the screen is starting to look fuzzy, how is everyone else doing??

I can relate..Working on revamping 23 sequences to eighty channel's..Never thought about that when i started. Now having to delete spots of the originals to "bounce" stuff around.

I can't see the screen anymore !! Stayed home "SICK" Wed. & Thursday and sequenced 10 hr's a day for three day's now!!! But got "A Mad Russian Christmas" DONE..Workin' on "Wizards in Winter" and "Little Drummer Boy" TSO, Go Fish. Takin' a BREAK right now.

Hi Don,

Welcome back. I've been doing pretty much the same as you guys - upgrading songs from last year with new elements for this year, and trying to add a few new songs, in between doing the same things for clients. Good thing I enjoy sequencing...

Anyone remember an obscure little tune by McCartney from somewhere on the back side of Band on The Run titled "Let Me Roll It"? (It's probably one of those filler songs that you listened to and didn't particularly like at the time.) I try to spend a half hour every other night trolling Napster for new music and I stumbled across this one again a few nights ago. I remembered it as soon as I heard it and almost moved on. But somewhere between thinking that and actually clicking the button on the mouse I began to see it in my mind. Well, I know what that means, so I wound up downloading it. It's gonna be a perfect followup to a hot number like something from TSO.

Happy sequencing!

I have been sequencing for about 3 weeks. I am going from 64 channels last year to 160 in 2011, it is all I can afford. I would like to add more but between buying more lights and more controllers it is all I can do this year, unless I win the lottery. I do have 5 songs done so far and like George I like sequencing. I am retired so I have lots of time but no money.

Just got back from a 9 day Mexican cruise...

Had three days that we were just at sea...

The whole time I was wishing I had my laptop so I could have been sequencing by the pool...

Don Gillespie wrote:

Thanks George its good to be back, along with the new medly for this year I also have to revamp 40 sequences that I normally use, so it is going to be a busy year

Your banner says 64 channels, but you actually have 112 channels? But in summer you should have 224 channels. You better make a new banner. lol

Anyhow I feel as though I am lagging along as far as sequencing goes. I should have started in January but I actually waited until about Feb. 4th.

I am just doing the timing marks now and well fill in the blanks later on once my mind is made up on what new item(s) I want to make. I have a few ideas kicking around but I have not reached a decision as of yet.

My spiral/regular mega tree stays as do my 2 32 channel fans, but I may make a festival
of mini trees this year or a festival of mini arches. So for now the timing marks are being done.

I am doing the Partridge Family song "Get Happy".........timing marks are done.

I am also doing the Club Nouveau version of the song "Lean On Me"....Timing marks are close to being done.

Right now I am working on "I want To Be A Boy Scout".......I still have a ways to go because there are so many words, and back up words. and what not. Fester will have a number of things to look at in the timing marks. I will make sure I leave him a note stating what ideas I have for certain timing mark effects.

Then there are those songs that I received permission to use in my display from a few major record company's and the independent record company's and the singer/song writers themselves. Some 1st time stuff.

doug petschke wrote:

LOL you guys are way too hard core!

"Hard core" they are outta controll, wish i could get the bug going

Guest Don Gillespie

Dale J wrote:

doug petschke wrote:

No bug needed I just keep thinking about the people that come to watch my show I don't want to disapoint them so I try to change it up every year that way when my says we have to go visit her aunt I can say love to go but I have to stay and sequence LOL ;)

Dale J wrote:

doug petschke wrote:

Maybe this will help to inspire... Scroll down for Ghost Riders... these sequences are not completely finished, and probably won't be until November, but you can see what's taking shape so far.

http://vimeo.com/channels/174386

Guest Don Gillespie

Brian Mitchell wrote:

I actually only just started my first sequence new sequence yesterday.

Brian what have you been doing? only nine more months till light up, get move on :P:P