Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving sequences from one computer to another, help!

Guest guest

I do all of my work on one computer but I am going to run the show from a laptop. I want to move these sequences from my PC to the laptop but am having problems. Here is what I am doing and the problem.

I have saved my sequences on my thumb drive, and downloaded them in. They are there when I pull them up. But, no music. When I play the sequence I get a pop up that says something like music error and some other stuff. Do Ialso need to save my music on the thumb and import it? If so what are the steps to get it from point A to B. I am assuming it must be in wav and not mp3.

jfelix wrote:

I do all of my work on one computer but I am going to run the show from a laptop. I want to move these sequences from my PC to the laptop but am having problems. Here is what I am doing and the problem.

I have saved my sequences on my thumb drive, and downloaded them in. They are there when I pull them up. But, no music. When I play the sequence I get a pop up that says something like music error and some other stuff. Do Ialso need to save my music on the thumb and import it? If so what are the steps to get it from point A to B. I am assuming it must be in wav and not mp3.

You need to copy the music onto the thumb drive as well.
After you download them into the new computer, (and the audio) open up your sequence editor. Click "Edit -> Audio File" and select the correct .wav/.mp3 file.

After that, you should be good to go.

The sequence software is expecting the audio files to be in a folder called "audio" under the Lightorama directory:

Program Files> Lightorama > Audio

That is where you need to put the songs.

I have found that it doesn't matter where they are as long as the path is the exact same on both machines. Otherwise you have to edit once you transfer to the new computer.

I created sub folders under the Light-O-Rama directory, LOR with a Christmas and a Halloween sub folders, then audio and sequences under that. I tried putting them in "My Documents" but since the path was different because of different user ID's, that became a hassle.

I now have the exact same path on both my editing machine (my laptop) and my run machine (one of my desktop computers). I use Microsoft's "SyncToy" to keep the two copies in sync. Works great.