Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with USB, I think. (resolved)

Guest guest

When I first got my LOR I set it up in the house to just play with it and all was well. Over the weekend I set up a different computer in the garage to run the show for Christmas. When I set it all up, and got everything hooked up I went to the hardware utility and hit auto configure on the comm port and found comm port 3 then refresh, and it found the unit. I then went into the sequence editor and was going to show the wife a couple songs I had done hooked up to the lights. I did the channel configure and made sure control lights was checked and I got nothing.

I then grabbed the computer from the house and hooked it up and it worked fine. I went through the house computer and made sure everything matched on the garage computer and it did. The only thing that was different was the house computer found comm port 4 which would make sense cause it's a different computer.

The only thing I could think of is the USB, but it is finding the unit. Also when I test the lights in the hardware utility it will control them.

I am a little stumped.

Thanks

Roman

Try checking the network preferences setting for the sequence editor comm port...it is under preferences in the edit menu. Did it get changed to the new comm port on the garage computer?

Steve you da man!

That was the problem.

Why did I not have to do that when I first set the LOR up in the house, but it needed to be done on the garage computer.

Strange

Thanks again Steve

Roman