Light-O-Rama Forums

License server lagging or is it just the weekend?

TJ Hvasta

This is for Dan.. I did the upgrade purchase from Standard to Advanced Friday afternoon but haven't received any update info from the LOR server.. Does it take a person to log upgrades and I have to wait for a weekday? Just wondering..

TJ

Date Fri Feb 11 16:27:21 EST 2011
Ship to TJ Hvasta
xxxx E. Hopi Ave
Mesa AZ 85204
US United States
xxxxxxxxxx
Bill to Same
E-Mail xxxxx@cox.net (emailed)
Payment Visa

Name Code Qty Each Options
----------------------------------------------------------
S2 Software - Upgrade SW-Upgrade 1 40.00 Optional CD = Download Only (no CD)
S2 Upgrade = Standard to Advanced (+40.00)
Subtotal 40.00
Shipping 0.00
Tax 0.00
Total 40.00

There may just be some email notification issues. Remember, your license key does not change. You just need to tell your software to query the license server again, to see what feature level the license server states that you currently have. You can give it a try, and if no luck, check Monday.

License server failures have happened, but they appear to be really rare. Email issues seem to be much more common.

There were no issues with the database that we can see. License retrievals and registrations were working. However the automated feed from the store to the database did not seem to work on your transaction.

I noticed that it was 8:20 AM today that your license was upgraded so I assume it was done by a support person at LOR when they came in this morning.

Dan

Guest wbottomley

I'm just bringing light to OP's post.

He posted order information that can be crucial to hijacking his license key.

With the order number & email address, I could in theory transfer their key to my email address with this web page: (http://lightorama.com/ChangeLicenseEmail.htm).

Everyone needs to be careful when posting information about their order. I would suggest an email or pm to Dan if this were occur.

Mountainwxman wrote:

I'm just bringing light to OP's post.

He posted order information that can be crucial to hijacking his license key.

With the order number & email address, I could in theory transfer their key to my email address with this web page: (http://lightorama.com/ChangeLicenseEmail.htm).

Everyone needs to be careful when posting information about their order. I would suggest an email or pm to Dan if this were occur.

Thanks for pointing that out... I should have said something. I edited the original post.

----------

Thanks Bill, I didnt notice the order # on the post.. Thanks Dan for editting it too..

I've recieved several emails from the server with the corrected level now.. Thanks again..

TJ

Guest wbottomley

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Thanks Bill, I didnt notice the order # on the post.. Thanks Dan for editting it too..

I've recieved several emails from the server with the corrected level now.. Thanks again..

TJ

That's probably because I was having the server send them. ;)