Light-O-Rama Forums

dmx not working in editor

Gary Rich

Hi I am very new to lor and that is the reason that I am starting now to get my christmas show organised. I have two LOR160xw's and a idmx-1000 with a range of dmx lighting connected. On the lor side of things everything is working correctly. On the idmx side I can only get the lights to work on hwu console using unit id E0 and E1. When I try and use these channels in the sequence editor nothing happens. Please could you advise.

With the latest firmware, when assigned an ID ending in 0, it will do the legacy mode 16 ID of 16 channels. Any other ending, and it should be one ID of 512 channels. So you should be able to assign it to ID 7 or 8, and have things work, though you will need to rework the channel assignments.

Max unit ID in the HWU simply tells the HWU how much to scan. If you only have say....3 controllers then why would you want to scan all 240 address if they were 1, 2, and 3.

So, yes you could set the Max unit ID to a lower number and will speed up the time it takes to scan.

Chuck

That makes sense, so would I be right in saying I need to change the IDMX i/d.
If this is the case how would i do that.
Can I just take this opportunity to thank you guys for all your help. I've been pulling my hair out all weekend trying to understand it all.