Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2.9.4 Upgrade still want to disable that PESKY LEFTSIDE TOOLBAR!

Guest guest

Well I was hoping by this time that sliding tool bar that comes out from the left side of the screen would have an option to TURN IT OFF and DISABLE IT! I don't like it, I don't use, never have and have been requesting a way to disable this nusiance to me ever since it was incorporated. I loathe the thing, it does more to mess me up than help. There should have been a way to turn this feature off or on for those of us that don't like that thing. If it weren't for the fact I prefer the latest versions of the LOR software I'd go back to what I started with (LOR 2.7.6) BEOFRE that pain in the butt sliding left side toolbar showed up.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE I beg of you, give us the option to turn that left side sliding toolbar off or on, not constantly be there to annoy some of us that can't stand it!

Guest wbottomley

Orville wrote:

Well I was hoping by this time that sliding tool bar that comes out from the left side of the screen would have an option to TURN IT OFF and DISABLE IT!  I don't like it, I don't use, never have and have been requesting a way to disable this nusiance to me ever since it was incorporated.  I loathe the thing, it does more to mess me up than help.   There should have been a way to turn this feature off or on for those of us that don't like that thing.   If it weren't for the fact I prefer the latest versions of the LOR software I'd go back to what I started with (LOR 2.7.6) BEOFRE that pain in the butt sliding left side toolbar showed up.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE I beg of you, give us the option to turn that left side sliding toolbar off or on, not constantly be there to annoy some of us that can't stand it!

Uh... it does.

Click on the little thumb tack beside the word tools and it will hide away.

Auto Hide does not exactly "disable".........auto hide simply makes it go back after you cross over that key space.

I think that tool ought to be an option. In other words we should be able to remove that tool from the screen completely. For those who what it there should be an option to have it on the left or right sides.

I do not use it either, but there must be a very large number of folks who do since the tool is still in the software.

Anyhow that tool was worse when it was 1st introduced.

I agree 100%.

So many times when I'm working on the grid, I accidently slide my mouse too far left or slide down from the menu ribbon and POP, my buttons are covered until the tool thing goes away or I click the hide button.

I've never used it and wish it could be disabled. If it can't/won't be, then move the mouse over area to the bottom of the area or to far right side of the grid where I seldom venture near the edge, so to me, it will effectively be gone.

Also, please save the position of (width & number of) the channel buttons on save or exit as well as the grid zoom. I'm constantly having to reset them to make my descriptions readable and grid easier to work with.

I have submitted this to the wishlist, but just wanting to get others to send feedback as well.

George Cotton wrote:

Also, please save the position of (width & number of) the channel buttons on save or exit as well as the grid zoom. I'm constantly having to reset them to make my descriptions readable and grid easier to work with.

I have submitted this to the wishlist, but just wanting to get others to send feedback as well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This +10!

While we're at it, let me list my typical tasks of opening up a LOR sequence where a few tweaks would make the world SO much easier.

I use two monitors, one for the grid, and one for the display animation.

*Every* time I open a sequence, I have to do the following:

#1 Make the channel buttons wider so that I can SEE my descriptions. Very simple to save the frame size to fix this. Save it with the exported channel config.

#2 Open the Animation window and move it over to the second monitor, full screening it.

#3 *Change* the zoom level on the animation window so my whole animation fits.

Now that may not sound like a big deal, but I have to do that *every single time* I open a sequence and I pop in and out of them a lot. If those frame sizes, window placements and zoom level could be saved with the sequence info, it would make working with LOR much less frustrating. I know that info *can* be saved and recreated programatically, so please, PLEASE add this to the software?

bob wrote:

The next version of the software will enable you to completely hide the Tools panel.

Okay, so who is going to give Bob a big kiss???? :shock:

George Cotton wrote:

I agree 100%.

So many times when I'm working on the grid, I accidently slide my mouse too far left or slide down from the menu ribbon and POP, my buttons are covered until the tool thing goes away or I click the hide button.

I've never used it and wish it could be disabled. If it can't/won't be, then move the mouse over area to the bottom of the area or to far right side of the grid where I seldom venture near the edge, so to me, it will effectively be gone.

I agree with your saving the width and positions of the channel buttons too! Love that idea and I concur, it would definitely make things easier when re-opening the sequence to work on!

GaryMartin wrote:

George Cotton wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This +10!

While we're at it, let me list my typical tasks of opening up a LOR sequence where a few tweaks would make the world SO much easier.

#1 Make the channel buttons wider so that I can SEE my descriptions. Very simple to save the frame size to fix this. Save it with the exported channel config.

#2 Open the Animation window and move it over to the second monitor, full screening it.

#3 *Change* the zoom level on the animation window so my whole animation fits.

Now that may not sound like a big deal, but I have to do that *every single time* I open a sequence and I pop in and out of them a lot. If those frame sizes, window placements and zoom level could be saved with the sequence info, it would make working with LOR much less frustrating. I know that info *can* be saved and recreated programatically, so please, PLEASE add this to the software?

Great idea! I also use two monitors and have to do exactly the same thing every time. Would be great if the software could be configured to keep the animation screen on one monitor and the channel grid on the other! I so agree with having these options too!

Amen, amen, amen. It is such a pain to make those changes every single time you open a sequence. PLEASE make it so they will be saved when you exit.

Orville wrote:

GaryMartin wrote:
George Cotton wrote:
Also, please save the position of (width & number of) the channel buttons on save or exit as well as the grid zoom.  I'm constantly having to reset them to make my descriptions readable and grid easier to work with. 

I have submitted this to the wishlist, but just wanting to get others to send feedback as well. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This +10!

#1  Make the channel buttons wider so that I can SEE my descriptions.  Very simple to save the frame size to fix this.  Save it with the exported channel config.

#2  Open the Animation window and move it over to the second monitor, full screening it.

#3  *Change* the zoom level on the animation window so my whole animation fits.

Now that may not sound like a big deal, but I have to do that *every single time* I open a sequence and I pop in and out of them a lot.    If those frame sizes, window placements and zoom level could be saved with the sequence info, it would make working with LOR much less frustrating.   I know that info *can* be saved and recreated programatically, so please, PLEASE add this to the software?

Great idea!  I also use two monitors and have to do exactly the same thing every time.  Would be great if the software could be configured to keep the animation screen on one monitor and the channel grid on the other!   I so agree with having these options too!

DITTO DITTO DITTO - Please Please Please