Light-O-Rama Forums

Removing Sequences from the Most Recent Tab

HiramDawg

You have to do it in the Registry Editor under "HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-RamaEditorRecentFiles" and remove any entries you dont want.

I am running Win7. Before my last post I had not tried deleting anything in the registry. First, make sure you are using REGEDT32 then goto the "HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-RamaEditorRecentFiles" key. If you delete only one entry it can cause unstable results, for instance if you have 20 entries and you want to delete "File9", your recent files dialogue box may only show you Files 1 through 8. So what you need to do is:

1. Delete "File9"

2. Right click on "File20" and rename it to "File9" so that you have consecutive numbering.

Like I said I am running Win7 and this worked for me.

Good Luck!

I would highly suggest anyone not familiar, and those familiar with the Windows registry that you back it up first, so you can revert if you mess something up.

You can cause some serious issues if you do something it does not like, like delete somthing that should be there, etc.

I am not a "don't touch the registry" freak, but I do suggest always backing it up as a safeguard.

1. Open the Registry Editor by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33.png, typing regedit into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.â

You are right Paulanator, a backup of the registry is very important to do first. I have been working on PC's for 18 years now and am very cautious as to what I edit in the registry. But as you pointed out some people reading this thread may not have this experience and could cause problems with their PC.

If you people that are reading this thread have no experience at registry editing, it would be best that you should stay away from it. Because as Paulanator pointed out he has had to repair many PC's because somebody just changed one little thing.

Just remember you are doing all your hard sequencing on these PC's and if you crash it because of a small change in the registry and you don't have your work backed up, it could cost you alot of money to get that data back.

Bottom line...Be cautious! Or it will cost you a lot of hard work and money!