Light-O-Rama Forums

Default folder

Fred1969

Can someone tell me where or how to change the default folder that LOR looks for when you start the program? I have reoganized my folders and moved them to a different location and need to redirect LOR to this location but I cannot find where to do this.

Fred

(1) Close all of your running LOR programs, including not just things like the Schedule Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel. The LOR Control Panel is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray; you can close it by right-clicking it and then selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu that will open.

(2) Using Windows Explorer, open up the directory that contains your LOR program files (such as the Sequence Editor). This is typically, but not always, C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama.

(3) In that folder, there should be a program called LORPost.exe (although it may show up as just LORPost, depending on how you have Windows set up). Run that program.

(4) It will ask you where you want LOR to keep data. Tell it the directory above your "Sequences" directory. For example, if you want your "Sequences" directory to be "C:LORDataSequences", tell it "C:LORData".